This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    2. Gastrodon! Gazzie is Water/Ground and cannot be shocked by Electric. It is also one of my favourite Water pokémon ^^ At first, though, getting any water type will be needed as Gym 2 is Rock. Unless you pick Froakie as your starter, you'll have to catch one. I have a Ducklett that I trained up once I realised what the gym was. My major water pokémon, however, will be the Lapras you get given on Route 12.
    Other water/ground types:

-Wooper -> Quagsire.
    -Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert. (So I herd u liek mudkipz? )
    -Barboach -> Whiscash
    -Tympole -> Palpitoad -> Seismitoad.

Pretty much any water/ground type should counter the water-type weaknesses. Otherwise teaching most water-type Pokemon Ice Beam should help counter the grass weakness. Alternately, any ground attacks that water-types can learn SHOULD be learned to cover electric.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Water/Ground gets screwed over by Grass though. Heavily. It's 4x weak to grass attacks.

Comment

First, thank you for all the advice . Will come in handy.

I think I am going to get Blastoise so my water guy will be set. I just like the look of him/her, and (s)he can also mega evolve.
        So that leaves the grass guy as my starter since I plan on using the OP torchic (who can also mega evolve) in my final Six Sableeye can be found somewhere in the game I am told, so there will be 4 of my final six set. However, I do plan on leveling quite a few pokemon as exp share (plus the spoilers I posted) means easy leveling. Hoping to also get some 5 stat 31 IV's by breeding. This game will last me a LONG time as I plan to do a little of everything. Not going to hurry.

I also have pokemon white that I THINK I have a ton of masterballs from pokemon Red. I know I have several great pokemon like Rotom in it. . Of course I have to wait for the pokemon bank but that is ok.

Going to be a berry making, breeding, level grinding, EV maxing (thanks to reset bags) machine . I might spam O-powers to the people I have friend codes to *whistles innocently* I mean um I really really wish December would hurry up!
        Last edited by Mytical; 11-02-2013, 03:45 AM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Okay gone through the thread and added everyone I could find.

Now my FC is 2148-8243-5810.

Had to wait until I could sort out some funds because my DS had a bit of an issue but I now have a nice shiny new 3DSXL to play with
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Ellf View Post
            Water/Ground gets screwed over by Grass though. Heavily. It's 4x weak to grass attacks.
            Water-types tend to have a slightly higher-than-average speed stat and grass-types tend to have a somewhat narrow moveset.

Comment

Good point Ellf.. time to do some strategizing . Failure to plan is planning to fail.

Blastoise can learn the TM Ice Beam if worse comes to worse. He is kinda tanky though, so should be able to survive since only 2x not 4x. Will probably EV train Speed (he's kinda slow, needs all the help he can get here) also. I'll figure out what other two stats (one only gets a few points though) once I get into the game and figure out what movesets I will end up with. His mega evolved form is a beast though (High Def and Spe attack, pretty good Attack and spe def.)

Considering making 3 teams (besides working up many pokemon). A blitz team (high speed, powerful attacks, things that help accuracy or boosts damage) with Max Ev's in Att (or Special attack), Speed, and remaining EVs in either def or special def). A stall team (high def/spec def/hp) slow team with moves like revenge, etc (moves that increase damage when going second) and hp restoring moves (EV's in Def/Spec def with remaining going into health), and my normal 6 types that cover each other's weaknesses.
              Last edited by Mytical; 11-02-2013, 05:31 AM.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ok.. asking for more advice here.. cause I don't understand something.

Since I have minor OCD I've been watching Youtube walkthroughs of old pokemon games. Something I've noticed is that for a good portion of the game many seem to stick with THREE main pokemon. I've always went with Six as soon as possible, and it is very grindy. Is going with three for a good portion of the game better? I don't mind grinding exp, just curious.

Oh and is lemonade in X and Y (easily accessible). Heals pretty good, cheaper/more efficient then the equivalent potions. I remember buying a ton of lemonade in Platinum I think.. maybe White because hp to cost wise it was much better.
                Last edited by Mytical; 11-02-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

It should be less grindy now that you have an EXP share that works the same as it did in Gen I - giving EXP to all your party rather than to one who held the item.
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Well 1177-7909-1648 is FC. Couldn't wait until Dec so I borrowed my cousins 3ds and got Pokemon Y out of Layaway (Cousin mostly plays Playstation). I've added everybody who has posted here, so those who wish to add me can.

Comment

Beware Random Egg Trades

Facebook post is available here.

There have been rumors going around that people have been sending Pokemon over Wonder Trade which have turned into these Eggs. There have also been reports of them mysteriously appearing in games, with no apparent reason why.

As far as trading goes, the process goes smoothly, but once you actually receive said glitchy Pokemon, it TRANSFORMS into a “Mystery Egg” - or in the case of it randomly appearing, it'll just be there in a PC Box.
                      This “Mystery Egg” acts sort of like a “Bad Egg” from previous generations. Basically it becomes an egg that can’t do anything. You can’t release it, trade it, or hatch it. It's an invalid checksum.

The difference between an older “Bad Egg” and a “Mystery Egg”, though… is Mystery Eggs can multiply. They can also appear out of nowhere, with no warning.

Mystery Eggs can corrupt the PC box that they're in and can also corrupt every Pokemon within that box, AS WELL as any other box it's been in. EVERY BOX THE EGG HAS BEEN IN WILL BECOME INFECTIOUS.

Here's a video with the Mystery Egg:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsySmLeBS0

Here’s a thread discussing what may cause Mystery Eggs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/67695552

According to the video, he didn’t actually get it from Wonder Trading, but going through the comments and some forum boards, some people HAVE been affected by Wonder Trading. This is most likely due to corrupted data mid-trade that results in the egg being “created”.

If you have a Mystery Egg, here are some of the things you should / shouldn’t do:

1. Do NOT touch the Mystery Egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the Mystery Egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED. Immediately remove ALL Pokemon from the quarantined box. PUT THEM IN THEIR OWN BOX AND WATCH THEM CAREFULLY. Once the Egg has been in a box, that box will be PERMANENTLY infectious.

3. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the Mystery Egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg either.

4. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a Mystery Egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air. Keep it as far away from EVERYTHING as you can.

Thanks for reading all this, and hope you don't experience this.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                        It should be less grindy now that you have an EXP share that works the same as it did in Gen I - giving EXP to all your party rather than to one who held the item.
                        Yeah I'm not finding it very grindy now. Now that you share with the full team AND you get XP for capturing, I'm levelling up pretty fast. I'm just at the 7th badge gym and I've got a lot of mid-40's pokemon that I've levelled up.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Ok.. asking for more advice here.. cause I don't understand something.

Since I have minor OCD I've been watching Youtube walkthroughs of old pokemon games. Something I've noticed is that for a good portion of the game many seem to stick with THREE main pokemon. I've always went with Six as soon as possible, and it is very grindy. Is going with three for a good portion of the game better? I don't mind grinding exp, just curious.

Oh and is lemonade in X and Y (easily accessible). Heals pretty good, cheaper/more efficient then the equivalent potions. I remember buying a ton of lemonade in Platinum I think.. maybe White because hp to cost wise it was much better.
                          Most Youtube walkthroughs tend to go with 3 for one of many reasons:

-The fans demand it.
                          -They want to show off.
                          -They really are that good.
                          -They don't want to have to keep rotating through a full team of six.

I tend to go through with a team of six in all the games I've played.

On that note, I may be getting a 3DS for Christmas. Once I get Pokemon X I'll put my friend code up here

Comment

I actually think 3 is taking the easy way out..at least in some of the older games. Why? Because the pokemon have a LOT more experience then a team of 6 would. Now I guess the same can not be said for this generation as the exp share helps them all. I've changed my line up a dozen times so far only have 3 that are 'Most likely' on my final six. Torchic, The grass starter for X/Y (sorry no clue what he/she is called), and Squirtle. Of course may change my mind a million times lol.

Anyhow already level 22 (ish) and just hit the battle maison (spelling?) or whatever that place is. Got a Vivillion (spelling?) that as soon as I can breed a few more or capture a few more scatterbugs I will start raising more to trade to those who want. Also able to reproduce Honedge already (Have both male and female) .

I think I am a bit over leveled for where I am, but I am very through in investigating every nook and cranny. Can't wait for more of you to add my friend code *laughs*

Comment

Starting to think I came to late to the party.. heh only one person has added me so far.

Anyhow, got a male and female eevee, so will be able to breed those now. Caught a electric/fairy type..not sure what is is called.. also. My boxes are quickly filling up (though I have a couple of 'copies' since I needed male/female of same species). Having a rough time figuring out my team though..because a lot of the pokemon are great and some are just cute. *laughs*. So has the game just swallowed everybody up?

FC : 1177-7909-1648
                              Last edited by Mytical; 11-04-2013, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                Caught a electric/fairy type..not sure what is is called.. also.
                                Dedenne. Basically Gen VI's Pikachu clone. Although this one is the most blatant yet, it is actually quite adorable and looks less annoying compared to the other Pikachu clones (Marill, Pachirisu, Plusle/Minun, Emolga-although Marill and Emolga's annoying natures can be left up to debate).

I remember first seeing Klefki and someone made the suggestion that because it's fairy, that it represents the "little gremlins who ensure that you can never find your keys when you need them"

Comment

Working...
                                X