Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 degrees, and it snowed a few inches yesterday.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Third day of 40C+ weather today. One more to survive tomorrow before the cool change. Kill me. Kill me now.

(And for those who are wondering, it's summer holidays here now so no school, but workers on building sites etc. stop work in the mid-thirties.)
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

So today was expected to hit 46C.

The highest it actually got? 44C.

I was lucky-work didn't shut down, but a number of vacation care programs that were running in certain bushfire-prone areas were shut down today. We also suffered through load shedding, but luckily neither my work nor the excursion location we went to today were hit.

Tomorrow is expected to be the highly manageable 40C and we have a visitor coming in anyway.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

2 inches of snow my ass. Try 6.

I was planning on traveling to Sioux Falls and beyond today from my central Minnesota home. Not going to happen. It took me an hour to go 30 miles, and half of that was headed home.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

The snowpocalypse has started here in Iowa. I'm home early this morning because of it. I did get some amusement on the way home, despite the shitty driving conditions. A little red crossover type vehicle passed me (I was doing about 40mph because of conditions), sped up, then ended up pulling off the road and turning around not a mile down the road. Guess they couldn't handle the near whiteout conditions as well as they thought they could!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Yours sounds similar to what I experienced around 10 years ago. On an uphill, I was perking along, all of 81 horses feeding into 155/80R13 all-seasons. In the next lane was a Camaro/Firebird fishtailing and getting nowhere. Must have been embarrassing to get passed by an economy car.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I decided to head into Iowa in the morning, and the roads weren't bad at all. The Minnesota side was horrible, though. I even saw my brother in law pulling someone out of the ditch on north I 35 as I was headed south. When I headed back home this evening (or now, yesterday evening) the roads were great all the way back to central MN. They only got bad as I got into town. It could have been even worse, because as I got close to home I almost (a foot or 2 away) hit a deer. I love venison, but not at the expense of a damaged car.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  I love venison, but not at the expense of a damaged car.
                  Yep, if you're going to harvest deer, do it with a .303, not a 379.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Yep, if you're going to harvest deer, do it with a .303, not a 379.

The flip side being, if you got a bent up car, you might as well get to eat the meat.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

The flip side being, if you got a bent up car, you might as well get to eat the meat.
                      That's the reason I keep a skinning knife in my car. Though, hopefully, it's the car in front of me that hits it, than mine.

A friend had that exact thing happen to him. A lady in front of him hit a deer, and he was able to get the meat off of it. Yes, it was delicious.

Comment

I'm no longer amused by Mother Nature's seeming mood swings. It was almost 50 degrees F here yesterday. Right now, it's snowing like hell and in the 20s for temps. The high is only supposed to get into the single digits tomorrow. Can we pick a temperature and stay at that temperature, please?

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                          I'm no longer amused by Mother Nature's seeming mood swings. It was almost 50 degrees F here yesterday. Right now, it's snowing like hell and in the 20s for temps. The high is only supposed to get into the single digits tomorrow. Can we pick a temperature and stay at that temperature, please?
                          Tel me about it. We had a high of 63 degrees today . . . and tomorrow they're calling for a 50% chance of snow in the afternoon and the temps are only going to get up to 41.

Tomorrow night is supposed to be around 15 degrees - before the wind chill! Wednesday (the day I have to go in at 5 a.m.) maybe 30 degrees for the high.

WTF Mother Nature?? Are you going through menopause/are you having a manic phase/did your dog chew your favorite slippers . . . just what the everloving HELL are you doing????
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Okay, seriously now. I don't mind a nice breeze now and again. The ocassional briskly windy day is alright. Winds blowing strongly enough to tilt the directional sensor in my car back and forth between N and NW while I'm driving on a straight N/S road? Not okay. Especially not okay when it's carrying snow with it, making ice. Also, we've been getting these winds just about every other day. It can stop now. Really. Not. Amused.

Comment

It was -36c when I woke up yesterday. It had warmed up to -28c in the afternoon before it started getting colder again. It was -39c when I woke up this morning. We have to work before the heat goes in.

We shut down at noon yesterday. I went home and it was still cold enough to make rainbow snow for my kid. We shut down at 3 today. I'm still cold, it takes 4 hours in my nice heated home to warm up after work. I am so sick of being cold this winter that Abbotsford is starting to seem like a legitimate option.

Seriously f*ck you mother nature!
                              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.

Pass me a beer?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X