Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Nor'easter blwe through my city last night. Not much snow actually fell (maybe 5cm or so) but the winds. Wow...

The entire city was basically shut down by 5PM; the last buses started their runs at 5:15. (So I had to leave about 15 minutes early).

Today, the skies are clear, but hte winds are still fairly high. Saturday we might hit double digits on the plus side, with some rain and sun. Hopefully that might dent all this we have on the ground.

Comment

What a day. One minute it was raining, the next it turned to snow. Almost blizzard conditions for a while. The snowflakes must have mutated, because I've never seen such big flakes. Maybe an inch, tops, stuck. It'll be gone Saturday, or Sunday for sure when it gets close to 60.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Couple days ago, I encountered a couple snow flurries in Tennessee.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It didn't snow that much here this week, it mostly rained. Although it mixed a tad on Thursday, and this morning it froze so the roads were ice logging trails again.

Yeah, this shit's getting real fucking old.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

This extended season is getting to a lot of people...

http://imgur.com/wBS1NFN

Comment

Aw, geeez, it's doing it AGAIN.....

Well, at least it's supposed to be 50 by Monday.

Damn snow....
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It was raining and is now snowing again.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

We STILL have snow in my area. AAAGH! Stop snowing, dammit!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

3-6 tomorrow, after a high of 55 today. Hell, I almost wore shorts to work today.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE.

I got my roses out of the garage and put them on the front lawn.

RAIN I DO NOT CARE

Snow maybe.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

And after the Blizzard on Wednesday, Sunday graced us with another blizzard as well. 5-10 cm, topped off with a dose of freezing rain and rain and ice pellets and so forth. It closed the schools again in my area. I think they're saying this is one of the worst years for snowdays in years; 9-10 snowdays.

Good news is once today is over, the rest of the week should be above zero.

Last year, I was shocked that the Saint John River was open water in February. This year, I'm shocked that we're going into April and it's still completely frozen over. Once it starts letting go, the freshet is going to be 'fun'. But it should be a good Maple season this year I think...

Comment

Well, now it only looks like 1-3 inches. Not too bad. The bad part is we're supposed to have 40mph winds. That's bad.

Comment

It's STILL coming down!

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                              But it should be a good Maple season this year I think...
                              Quantity should be awesome and long this year. Hopefully however the syrup quality will be good.

Comment

It was 72 degrees F when I went to work at 3:30 this afternoon. It is currently 24. What the fuck, Mother Nature?
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X