Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's hoping that Mal is all well and good and that Khan hasn't been too rough on Daddy.

Also, looking forward to pics when he comes home!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

He's doing very well, thanks. He can regulate his own body temperature, has gained weight and is off oxygen, but he still needs to learn to eat. The doc says that's the frustrating part, and it will probably be 2-3 more weeks before he is proficient enough to go home.

The husband has been keeping things under control but he asked if my mom can come help a couple days next week, because he just needs to be at work more. I should be able to drive by Monday so I suggested his mom could go and help a few days too. I know he likes knowing she's here with me during the day, but I think he needs her more. And his dad will be here in the evenings.

They are coming this evening to visit for the weekend. I can't wait. The in-laws have a 14-year-old, 16-pound monster of a tabby cat. Max and I are old friends, and every night he hauls his stiff old self up the stairs and sleeps with me a while. Not quite as good as the husband, but I appreciate his effort.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Hugs for all of you. I'm glad to hear the little one is doing well. Going home without your baby is one of the hardest things in the world for a mother to do. I've done it three times. It sucks. If you ever need to vent to somebody who's been there, feel free to PM me.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

*hugs*

Here's the good news: Mal is what's known in the NICU as a "feeder and grower." He's past the risk points for most munchkins, and was only a few weeks away from what the NICU docs consider not their business.

Take lots of pictures. Khan will love seeing them, and it'll make him feel more part of the process. Also let him help pick out a welcome home gift for the sproglet.

How are you doing? Recovering well from the csection? Remember to take care of yourself (major abdominal surgery!), and if you're pumping, don't overdo it. The more relaxed you are, the better your supply.

Here's hoping for a boring stay in the NICU!

(p.s. it's ok to be excited. You have a new baby!)

Comment

Thanks guys. Malcolm is doing well, we're giving him one bottle a day and he's taking usually about half of it. I just have to be patient, he'll get it. Obviously he's a very smart kid. There are two other babies in the NICU, I haven't looked at them closely but I'm pretty sure he's also the cutest.

Son and Husband went back this afternoon. Son was killing me. "I don't want to go to school (he loves school). I want to stay here with you until you can come home. I want to live here." I'm guessing this leaving part will not get any easier...

But with luck we are already halfway through this. Biding my time, and holding out hope.

Comment

We are going home this weekend! Sometime. Possibly tomorrow. I have to talk to the doc in the morning to see what he thinks. Tonight I am staying at the hospital in a room with Malcolm so I can get used to handling him alone and breastfeed him around the clock. It has been 27 days since I was home.

Comment

Yay! Congrats on the good news!
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Yay!

So does this mean pics?

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      We are going home this weekend! Sometime. Possibly tomorrow. I have to talk to the doc in the morning to see what he thinks.
                      Sounds like Malcolm -- and you -- are doing well despite his rough start. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Doc's OK!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thanks guys! We are currently in the hospital's Parent Care room, where parents can stay with their babies and get used to handling them alone. Once here, they don't go back to the NICU. I'd been trying to breastfeed at least 5 times a day (out of 8) and was spending 13 hours a day here all week (in-laws live just far enough away there was no point in going home) and getting up at 3 am. Now I can feed him, hold him (as long as I want!) and pop him back in his crib beside the bed and get some real sleep!

Comment

Welcome to the world, Malcolm. It's not just a few rooms, it's bigger than you can ever imagine. There's sky and trees and wind and rain, and it's so beautiful.

We're out! Staying with the in-laws until Sunday and then finally going HOME!

Comment

Yay!! You guys drive safe and easy on your way ^__^
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Yaaaaayyyy!!! Welcome to the big wide world Malcolm!

So I guess the first thing will be setting up a webcam chat with Khan and Daddy so that they can meet the little sproglet?

Comment

No, they're here at the in-laws' house. We're all going home together tomorrow! Khan is very eager to help us protect his brother. When Husband bent to pick him up he said, "DADDY! You can't touch my brother until you put hand sanitizer on!"

Comment

Working...
                                X