X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-You Mother Nature Winter 2014/15 Edition

I saw SNOW today

And the usual proviso that JESTER MAY NOT post in this thread <gets ice bucket equipped airplane ready for a bombing mission>
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

It started here this morning too. It's actually a little later than it often is, but still not welcome in my books.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

We had enough snow yesterday afternoon and overnight that there's still a small amount on the grass this morning. But that's pretty normal for this area. We usually have a little bit of snow before Halloween.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Flurries today--I guess we won't have that much trick-or-treat traffic tonight.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Rain, possible thunderstorms predicted here tonight. So much for the trick-or-treaters .

Not that we ever get them anyway, which is weird, since there are a fair number of kids in this complex.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

23 years ago today we had the Halloween blizzard with over a foot of snow. Thankfully, today, no snow, just a bit on the cold side.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

You said that jester couldn't post. Nothing about me!

It's currently a nice 32C maximum over here at the moment.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                You said that jester couldn't post. Nothing about me!

When I was in Chicago last weekend, it got close to 80F (26C). That was nice. Now, one weekend later, and back home, it's 39F (4C)

I hate colder weather, and, someday, I'll move somewhere warmer.

Now the question to you, fireheart, does it ever get cold where you live? We know Jesterville hasn't gotten colder than 40F (4C).
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  23 years ago today we had the Halloween blizzard
                  I wonder what "mix-ins" Dairy Queen puts in that?

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  And I'm sure the Drop Bears LOVE the warmth.

Now the question to you, fireheart, does it ever get cold where you live? We know Jesterville hasn't gotten colder than 40F (4C).
                  I believe Fireheart lives in the Southern Hemisphere, based on some of her posts (hence my reference to drop bears). Things could get rather chilly sometime around July or August.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We're supposed to get flurries here, there's some light snow in the mountains.

We're actually more likely to get rain tonight than snow. Hopefully the trick or treaters can get it done before the rain starts.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

In the mornings, it can get to around 1-2C in winter, but at the moment it's around 15C in the mornings.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      I believe Fireheart lives in the Southern Hemisphere, based on some of her posts (hence my reference to drop bears). Things could get rather chilly sometime around July or August.
                      Australia

In my home state, it can get rather cold and wet in the mornings during winter (June-August) but it gets VERY warm in summer. In my current state, the lowest it's gotten is 2C during winter and it gets very humid.

Snow does occur, but only in the hilly areas, which I do not live near.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The land down under, at least your State, sounds like a good place to visit. I wish I could say the coldest it's gotten where I live is 2C. Try close to -40, here.

Also, when I was looking to convert 32C to F, well, google gave me bra pics. Not what I was looking for, but good enough for me.

Comment

This doesn't involve snow flurries, but........I just felt like posting in this thread because it's in the 90s today, and does NOT feel like October. (hoping this winter won't be as warm as last year's was)

Comment

Far north here.

It's supposed to snow tonight. Which is good because it'll FINALLY warm up to about 0C.

It'll make for nice trick-or-treating

Comment

And here I am, just NOW thinking about breaking out a Fall jacket. ��
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X