Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kit my parent knew each other for three months when they got married. Lol, still going strong

Comment

So by the end of this year I could end up with a wife here's hoping
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My boyfriend and I have known of each other for almost 7 years.

He was engaged for a while, and I was dating alcoholic man baby then Whiney Pussy, then Satan.

He finally got the nerve to ask me out two months ago.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My boyfriend and I met in August of 2013, started dating in November 2013, and moved in together May 2014. We're planning on getting married when we save up and move to a larger place closer to his son.

So we're unofficially engaged, but I don't need anything flashy or big. We'll just be going to the courthouse when it's time.

Comment

About 7 years. And it wasn't really "popped the question". The topic started coming up more and more by one or the other of us, and eventually we just agreed it was time. We've been married 8 years and were engaged for two. We met online playing a video game. It was 2 years before we met face to face, then we were long distance until a year after we got married.

Comment

Dated 5 years, married 7. Neither one of us wears our rings regularly (if at all) because of the nature of our jobs. We joke we married for the tax credit.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                Met January 8, 2013......moved in together December 1, 2013........ Popped the question January 22, 2014......getting married April 25, 2015.
                Congratulations!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Together for two months, engaged for five months, married for five and a half years.

Comment

Let's see, the ex and I started dating in February or March, moved in together in May of that year. We got married in September of the following year.

We separated 15 months later, divorce was final two years after that. But the signs the relationship wasn't going to make it were rearing their heads before the wedding took place. I ignored them; I wanted the relationship to work and ignored the advice of my family and my friends. I thought we just needed to work on it more.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer. At least I seem to be the exception not the rule here.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Was engaged to the ex for four years, then married for 8. Been divorced for longer than we were together, and been with boyfriend for almost 5 years now. Boyfriend and I are not likely to get married, ever, really (all officially and all), though his family does consider me a daughter-in-law.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Congratulations!
                        Thank you! We just got the invitations from the printer today! [/threadjack]
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

We met in November 1996. First date December 31, 1998 (yes NYE). We were engaged October 29, 2000 and our wedding was November 17, 2001.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I always advise my friends to be patient and wait, as such a thing is nothing to rush into. It is sound advise. And giving it, I have pretty much are credibility, as the one time I was engaged to someone, we got engaged ten days after we met.

Yeah.

We ended up being together for almost a year (never got married), and then, we weren't. For whatever reason, I don't suppose I'll ever know, one day she just decided she could no longer marry me. I never got an actual reason. I still don't know. That was 12 years ago, though it feels like yesterday. And I don't regret one bit of it, to be honest. Sadly (or romantically, or tragically, depending on how you want to look at it), I still consider her the love of my life. And she definitely raised the bar for all who came after her. A few measured up. Most didn't. Most couldn't. Any of you who have been subjected to some of my more morose drunken rants about it on here know what I'm talking about. (And my apologies for that. ) But all in all, my involvement with her changed my life for the better, and to many people's bewilderment, I have never spoken badly about her. She had her issues, sure (who doesn't?), but her affect on my life was immeasurable. And not a day goes by without me thinking about her at some point.

As I said, the bar is pretty high.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Met my wife in September of 2002. We started dating officially later that month. We were talking about engagement in September of 2003, but I got laid off from a job and didn't get another until March or so of 2004. We had about a 6-week engagement (long enough to plan a small justice of the peace wedding), and got married on Memorial Day Weekend, 2004.

Been together ever since.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                                Met my wife in September of 2002.
                                Oddly, that is when I met my aforementioned ex-fiancé. September 11, 2002, to be exact. The one year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. You don't forget a date like that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X