Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad yelled at me not to make any extreme decisions so I'm gonna go and get checked out because he said my teeth might not be as bad as I think they are, he said a few cavities isn't worth ripping your whole mouth out over. So I'm going to go and get checked out and whatever she says the best course of action is I'm gonna do, im taking my grandma with me just in case I do end up getting stuff done tomorrow which I kinda hope I do just to get it over with because if I do I won't be able to drive myself home.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Got back around 20 after 2, I was extremely nervous and scared so I talked to the dentist before he even did X-rays. After that he and I talked a bit more before he did my cleaning and after, he understood all my fears and concerns and he said he wants to take it slow with me. I'm nowhere even remotely close to being anywhere near as bad as I thought I was, I have some cavities and 1 tooth needs to be taken out but other than that he said I was in pretty good shape for someone who hasn't seen a dentist in about 13 years. I told him when I get the cavities done I'm gonna need the gas and the gel, he said the main concern besides my health and safety is my comfort and making me feel at ease. I'm still freaked out and nervous but I know I have to get it done, I'll feel better once this is all over and done with.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

*hugs Zellie*

I wish your dad hadn't yelled at you. *hands you a teddy bear*
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

He didn't really "yell" yell, but I know what he meant. I was thinking my teeth were so super bad I would need them all taken out, and he got really upset at me saying that that he told me to just let the dentist check me out and see where to go from there without making any huge drastic decisions. (like taking ALL my teeth out) I go back on the 23rd for my cavities and I'm getting my grandma to go with me because I won't be able to drive home.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Sounds like you have a good dentist. I got my teeth taken care of before Christmas. The dentist pulled all of my top teeth, the few I had left, but I was able to keep the bottom ones. I ended up with a full upper set of dentures and a partial lower set. The process took a long time, but it was definitely worth it. Of course, if your teeth can be saved, that's even better.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm kinda mad at both my mom and grandma right now, I have been ever since this afternoon. My grandma was bugging me about how much I would have to pay the dentist and trying to talk me out of going to this one and trying to talk me into a cheaper option, I flat out refused because to me it isn't about money it's about my comfort level and feeling like I'm safe there. The dentist and I as well as the receptionist talked about a payment plan and I will not care how much it is because I need this stuff done, then about 20 minutes before I go to work my mom asks for a picture of the receipt from when I went on Friday so I sent it to her and called her. She said she just got off the phone with grandma talking about the dentist and money she convinced mom to tell me to cancel my appointment, I got mad at that point because I didn't want to and I told her that a couple of times. I actually worked up the courage to find a dentist, make an appointment, and get shit done, I know for a fact that if I cancel I won't want to go to anyone else out of fear. I'm gonna tell her if she calls tomorrow that I really don't want to cancel, it took me 13 years to sack up and see someone and I really don't want to fuck this up because if I cancel I'll most likely not make another attempt at this.

2 more things: 1 I get where they're coming from but if I say I'm ok, I'm ok!
              2 I know I said it took me 13 years to "sack up" even though I'm a girl but I still consider the phrase genderless.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Its taken me years to try to get my wisdom teeth sorted and I've waited too long to be honest. I currently have to wait because of other issues to do with anesthesia. My mother hated dentists and years of ... gastric and throat issues... mean I'll probably lose the ones in front now by the time the other issues are properly diagnosed and they will listen with the anesthesia issues to reduce my risks.

Keep to your guns girl. xx
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Sooooo after being able to talk more about it with my mom and grandma as well as my union rep apparently the union dentist offers the same comforts as the guy I saw for free, so smartly deciding that if 2 different places offer the same thing I should go with the free one. I'm gonna call up on Monday morning to cancel and tell them that I found out my work insurance won't cover any work I have done there (which is totally true) and I need a copy of my X-rays (which they are supposed to give you when you ask), I'm gonna tell them I'm sorry but the visit I did have with them was nice. I know there's a $75 charge for the X-rays but I can't remember if the $75 cancelation fee was just for within 48 of the appointment or at all, I'll find out on Monday when I call and tell them I'll pick up and pay for the X-rays on Thursday.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Was actually just having a conversation with my sort of mom about this type of thing. Currently the only teeth she has left are the front bottom 6. She has full dentures on the top and 2 partials on the bottom that get anchored to the existing teeth. Just found out she's been having near constant pain for a while now with the existing teeth and it's effecting what she can eat. I'm supposed to get information for her from my dentist. She isn't too fond of dentists either. Going to try and get her set up with a consult so she can figure out where she's at and how bad things are at this point.

If you end up not liking the union doctor, I'd say stick with the doctor you like. Having a doctor you are comfortable with makes a huge difference, especially when you aren't very eager to see that kind of doctor anyway.
                    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                    X