Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you know where the colony is, then there is another option. fill a kettle, boil it, then pour it into the colony. It took doing it about 4 times, but I completely wiped out a particularly annoying ant colony. Plus, one befnit is it won;t harm any pets. ( well, provided you avoid pouring the boiling water on the pets, of course)

Comment

My sister swears by grits. She places dry grits where she's found traces of ants, and also surrounding the colony outside (if she can find it). It's cheap and harmless to her pets and children.

Comment

Ooh this reminds me of when my friend Alex went to visit one of the ladies from church. She had ants in her kitchen and he wasn't too keen on them garnishing his sandwiches.So she put down ant poison. That made its way into the sandwiches. That was a lively ride home.We went round and round roundabouts and from one side of the road to the other.It got to the point where I-who has no licence and hardly ever driven-was a safer driver. Made it to hospital-they tested him and he had a toxin level something like 40% higher than normal. He said to the coloured doctor who visited him 'Ah,you're the Black Reaper' and passed out. For three days.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

How did it get in the sandwiches???
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Well, the ants were getting in them anyway... so *poisoned* ants also did so.

I had to deal with an ant infestation in a holiday cabin a couple of months ago. After fruitlessly attempting to kill individual ants and clusters of them, I found an ant-bait poison-the-colony widget in the local supermarket - it's Raid branded, so should be widely available. The ants found and organised around it within an hour, and simply disappeared within 24 hours. Because it's an enclosed widget, it should be relatively pet- and child-safe.

Comment

The woman had ants in her kitchen.So she put the ant poison down... in the areas where she was making his sandwiches....
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
              X