No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you try to engage when I'm running down the stairs or on the phone? You saw my headphones and you could hear me constantly talking to the person on the other end. It was so obvious. So, yeah--I totally ignored you. You creep me out. Leave me be, please.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• How many times do you need to whack the edge of the pan with a spoon? HOW MANY? Yes, our walls are so thin that I can hear everything that goes on in your kitchen. When you slam the cabinet doors, when you do dishes for an hour while banging dishes in the sink and running the water the for the whole hour. Hell, I can hear when you open and close the oven door. I don't think it's on purpose, but it would be cool if you had a smidge of awareness of your surroundings.

Also, dear stompers... You actually shake the building. How about not throwing yourself down the stairs and leaping off the last stair, THUD.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• It was almost dark and you were inside for the night, I thought. I was gone literally less than 5 minutes at the laundry room and by the time I came back you were quickly sat in your chair on the patio. I bet you're inside again now. It's beginning to feel like you see me go out there and decide to come out to watch me come in. Yeah, I ignored your "hello" because you creep me out with that and I wasn't out to socialize. I went to get my laundry. I wanted to get it done at a decent hour, but I'm tempted to start doing it late at night again.

Comment

• Thanks for being gone most of the weekend, assholes! For once the entire neighborhood didn't reverberate with the noise of you slamming your side door multiple times an hour, the stuff in my refrigerator didn't rattle every time you slammed your car doors, and my eardrums weren't pierced by the incredibly annoying belligerent screeching of your kid. Do it again next weekend, okay?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• ^ And on a holiday weekend? Miracle of miracles!

Comment

• they were probably partying somewhere else

Comment

• Yard work isn't actually required in my lease, but hell if I'm going to be one of those stereotypical renters that lets a place get overgrown. The downstairs neighbor* mows the lawn, which is awesome because his dog poops all over that lawn, so I'm not about to mow it. (Never mind that I don't own and can't afford a lawn mower.)

I decided this weekend that I needed to trim back and/or cut out all those little trees that are making the yard look overgrown. Some of them were growing in between the chain link fence and the next door neighbor's wood fence. They were kind of a pain to get at. One of them looked like someone had woven it through the chain link fence.

But the worst was the lilac. It's huge and overgrown. I wanted to trim it back as much as I could with my little limb loppers which only go through branches about half an inch thick. As I was trimming it back, I found no less than three sets of wires wrapped around the branches. It was probably an attempt to pull the branches in, but the wire had been there so long some of it had bark growing around it. Who would do such a thing to a poor tree? I also found three tomato cages in the branches. It looked like someone had just tossed them in there and forgotten about them.

The yard looks so much better now. You can actually see that there's a yard.

*I live in the upstairs apartment of a house turned into a duplex.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                  Yard work isn't actually required in my lease, but hell if I'm going to be one of those stereotypical renters that lets a place get overgrown.
                  I think the same thing, except our yardwork is taken care of. During the fall/winter when it gets windy sometimes our big garbage/recycling totes get blown over. We have a dumpster for cardboard, two garbage totes, one mixed paper tote, one glass/plastic tote, and a compost tote. So on windy days I go and pick up whichever is knocked over. When it was windy for a week straight someone tied them all to the railing, which was nice.

Anyhow, one day the neighbor who lives in the house next to all these garbage bins saw me picking stuff up and said that she sees all of the tenants (six unit converted house) picking up garbage. Made me feel nice because she noticed that we don't let it go to crap, and also because it's not just me picking up, it's a group effort. So, yay.

My annoyance of the day: I brought out my food compost and decided to see if the laundry was free, since it's in the horror-movie style basement which is near the row of garbage totes. There was a load in the dryer, but the washer was free. I go up, grab my laundry basket, and go back down. Freaking someone had already put a load in the washer! ARG.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                    So a couple of weeks ago trouble child told my mum to go and die and as she is a cancer survivor this is not the sort of thing you want to hear. So she knocked on the neighbours door who then spoke to her out of the window.
                    So TC has been quite lately her mum had her on lockdown for a while and peace reigned. Unfortunately she has been released and was giving me the verbal on the doorstep when I had five heavy bags of shopping so I put them down and reach for my phone to call 6'7" backup (aka my partner) when she grabs one of my bags and runs off with it I politely tell her "Bring that back you little Rat!" to which she promptly does by throwing it at my feet (nothing broken). I get in and call the landlord and inform them of this including my exact words.

I walk past TC's mum and she says something that could refer to me but at a distance enough way that I couldn't be sure... but me thinks the apple has not fallen far from the tree.

Today TC is sat on the low wall outside of my building and calls to me telling me I shouldn't call the landlord as she hasn't done anything. I say nothing but think that if she hadn't done anything I wouldn't have called the Landlord in the first place...
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• To certain neighbors -

Just in case you weren't aware, the blue "Recycle" bins are NOT for things such as leaves, branches, grass clippings, or materials from construction being done on your house.

(Unfortunately I don't know for sure which house is responsible, otherwise I'd make an anonymous complaint to the city's Waste Management department.)

Comment

• Frankly, my hurried "thanks" to your greeting as I am running out the door is simply to keep the peace. I'm trying to avoid being rude. So you don't need to mumble some kind of judgement after me. I'm glad I didn't hear what you said. It was probably passive-aggressive like the last time. I don't know why you insist on verbally logging my leaving my home every time you happen to be outside. It makes me feel weird.

Comment

• Drug Dealer is MOVING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• YAY! Hopefully no more bullshit.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

• It's June but I'm glad it's cold and cloudy outside. There's a good chance you won't be on your porch ready to verbally note I'm leaving my home.

Comment

• Hey Blob & Bitchella. I don't know who that loudmouth kid was at your party today, but you'd better suggest to his parents that he get his tonsils and throat checked. He sounds like a ton of gravel rolling around in a steel bin. Time to lay off the whiskey and cigars.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X