No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and now the kids start in with the bloody-murder screaming for no apparent reason...
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR! There is something about this building. All my current neighbors are new and they slam the doors just like all the rest. It's been going on for 8 years now. Just stop it already!!

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Dreamstalker, what say you?
        This is an old building, and has its issues. The majority of sound/vibration is muffled to an acceptable level by area rugs (eliminated entirely if the source is on a stand or furniture); anything on the bare floor can and will travel downward. For some reason, all of the third-floor tenants we've dealt with have been resistant to the idea of floor coverings (even when management offered to carpet the bedrooms, the rebuttal was "we're allergic to carpeting")
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-16-2016, 05:15 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Some people walk really heavy! A couple of the upstairs tenants bound down the stairs so heavily things in my apartment rattle. Don't even get me started on how hard people slam doors. The woman who mops the hallways and cleans apartments when someone moves is the worst. She slams the basement door louder than any other person. My building is old, too. But I don't hear my upstairs neighbor too badly. Some stomping every once in a while, but not much. He doesn't play loud music like whoever lived their before. She must have had it blasting, because I know the current tenant does watch tv, but I don't hear it at all from downstairs. In fact, I only know he watches tv because I've heard it when the door opened.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out how the people living the apartment directly below me manage to shake my apartment on a daily basis.

It's never happened with any other tenants.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• My neighbor to my direct right often will have people over on Sundays, so there's a couple of extra cars parked in and in front of her driveway. She asked a while back if it bothered me or the roommate, we told her as long as we didn't have to keep knocking on her door for someone to move their car from in front of our driveway, parked in our driveway [or yard], and that we could get out, we didn't give a damn who parked where. The first year or so that she had company we only had to ask someone to move their car once and we didn't make a big deal out of it since, you know, it didn't happen again.

At least not until right around the middle of May when one of us had to keep going over there to tell said neighbor to remind her company from blocking us in. Eventually it got to the point where we told her that the next time we found someone parked in front of our driveway we'd have it towed, especially if it happened on a Sunday night and one of us had to be to work early the next morning. Because nether one of us is above pounding on her door at 4 am to get someone awake to move their damn car.

So far it's worked like a charm, I'm just waiting for it to start up again.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• I'm 3 apartments away from you and I can hear your yelling and stupid sub-woofers or whatever. The people behind you have kids, I think. It's not overly loud over here, but come 11:30 or so if you don't knock it off I'm calling the Boys in Blue. There are families and people who work on Sundays in this complex. GO TO THE BARS.

And to those of you outside, across the courtyard: you have officially made this complex the ghetto. Laying on the ground drinking beer? check. Loud drunk-girl laughing? check. You know what? I can't see that the po-po would not have to say something to you after they have to visit the ones on the end of my building.

ETA: I called in a noise complaint and I WIN. They are gone. Maybe they'll be back at 3:00 am, but I'll be knocked out, I hope. (Yay, muscle relaxers.)
                Last edited by Food Lady; 07-17-2016, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Why do you have to slam the door 3 times inside of 2 minutes???? I'm tempted to do likewise but I don't want to sink to your level.

Comment

• Who the FRACK broke the inside front door again?! The damn knob fell off in my hand...luckily I already got it open. Looks like the entire shaft broke this time.

If it's not one thing it's another. So far this year, we've had:

Closer arm ripped off the wall (twice)
                    Lock barrel came out (twice)
                    Knob falls out (twice)

Don't think any of these could be accidents. I wish there was an easy way of figuring out which apartment is responsible...this could be seen as a safety violation especially with the recent assaults in the area.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Why do you have to slam the door 3 times inside of 2 minutes???? I'm tempted to do likewise but I don't want to sink to your level.
                      They must be related to the Warts, who live next door to me. Right now they are going in and out, in and out, and the little girl is screaming her freakin' head off AGAIN. This is her normal; constant screaming. She learned it from her mother
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Yes, I heard your obnoxious horn-blowing in the parking lot. You don't need to scream like a drunk girl on the way in to let everyone know you're here. It's 10:00 pm.

Comment

• Holy crap, that tone of screaming makes me want to... Well I can't post it. If your kid was ever hurt or being abducted I would never know. Seriously, you make me happy I don't want kids. I hate you I hate you I hate you.

...SHIT WHY ARE YOU IN MY BUILDING?!? Did you just run through our hallway? You don't live here! If this happens one more time I'm... I don't even know what to do. Email landlord? Absolutely no children live in my building, these are either people who live in houses nearby, or maybe somebody in my building is babysitting. Either way, I'm pretty pissed.

Comment

• ^ I feel your pain. Maybe call the cops and say possible domestic? You really don't know.....

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              ^ I feel your pain. Maybe call the cops and say possible domestic? You really don't know.....
                              Well, I wouldn't go that far. I mean, most of the neighborhood kids scream a lot, I would get nowhere with that complaint. After I posted, the kid (with adult?) did a full circuit of the building, inside and out, then got in a car and drove off. So I bet it's the upstairs neighbor. I've been noticing the quick *stomp stomp stomp* and accompanying little kid noises for a while now. Not anything to complain about, they go upstairs and I don't hear them.

But if this is going to be a habit, I will freak the eff out. Going from inside to outside, that's fine. Using the hallway as a playground, NOT FINE. This is a six-unit building, it is privately managed. I believe I have lived here longer than any other tenant, and I have never complained. I'm hoping that the kid is old enough to go to school in the fall, or maybe the babysitter will go back to school. *sigh* I can't complain too much, it's really not a loud building. There are just a couple things that hit a nerve and I lose all chill. (yes I just said chill) Little kids screaming are one of the things I have zero patience with.

Comment

• Hi, assholes. You've lived here longer than I have, so I bet you know the rules around here. I'm pretty sure you're renting, too, so let me hear your loud annoying thumping music at 3 am again, and I'll be sure to have words with management. Video evidence included.
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X