No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Warts, thanks for putting up that fence in your yard! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO SEE YOUR UGLY SCREAMING FACES every time I go out in my own yard! I can still hear you, unfortunately, but this is a definite improvement!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• *Warning: Gross*

I went downstairs to do my laundry Saturday morning, only to find your laundry still in the washer. At first I thought that you'd started it the night before and forgotten about it, but it was mildew-smelling and the washer lid was up. So you came and checked on it, but didn't do anything with it?

I decided to give you some time to check on your laundry, but after two hours, nothing had changed. I needed to do my laundry, so I dumped yours in a spare basket. Then I had to clean your dog hair out of the washer, which was nasty enough, but I found a slug in with the hair!

Anyway, I got my two loads of laundry done with no sign of the neighbor (though I heard footsteps upstairs). I dumped the laundry back in the washer, wiped out my basket, and took my laundry back. I just hope it's not still there when I have to do laundry again next week.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Wow. Now I am so glad I have a washer/drier in my unit...

Comment

• I may be up, but some people sleep at night and the whole neighborhood can hear your conversation. It's 1:30 am and you are outside. SHUT UP!!!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Why are our garbage bins getting filled so fast? We have 4 of them, for weeks they would only be half-full when the garbage man came, now they're overflowing! Is another building moving in? Why do they have the code to our garbage area? Grrr... this is annoying when I want to throw out my trash and have to carefully balance it on top of everyone else's...

Comment

• OK, assholes, it's time you got that kid checked out. It is NOT NORMAL for a 2.5-3 yr old kid to scream every five seconds ALL DAY LONG. Half of it is bad parenting, but the other half is probably due to Princess Bitchface smoking throughout her pregnancy. That much nicotine could not have been good for a developing fetus.

OTOH, what do I know? Maybe it's just role modeling on the part of Princess. After all, she never just talks, she has to SCREAM constantly.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I hate you Landscaping-run-out-of-your-home-business up the street from me. I now just get pissed driving past your house. I've never talked to you, but I hate you. Listen, you have TWO driveways. TWO. and you've taken to parking in the church parking lot across the street. With all that parking available, why is it frickin' impossible to drive past your house? You've got huge trucks towing trailers parked all over the street. It's a squeeze for one car to get through, let a lone one coming the opposite direction. and what's with the car stopped in the middle of the street so you can stand outside and talk to the inside occupant? Get out of the damned road! Stop piling up your landscaping rocks in the street. You show no consideration to any of your neighbors or anyone that has to drive down this street. I will NEVER hire you

Comment

• Quoth April View Post
                  With all that parking available, why is it frickin' impossible to drive past your house? You've got huge trucks towing trailers parked all over the street. It's a squeeze for one car to get through, let a lone one coming the opposite direction.
                  File a complaint with the city. Get the neighbors in on it too.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                    File a complaint with the city. Get the neighbors in on it too.
                    if you can't get through emergency vehicles can't get through

Comment

• To the person who honked their horn last night at nearly 11:00 PM. Some of us have to be up at 6 AM. Some of us were in that calm-drifty-nearly-asleep place. SOME OF US were jerked out of that happy place by your four honks. They did not sound like "there is about to be an accident!" honks. They sounded like "thanks for dinner, bye!" honks.

Also, small child currently outside somewhere in my neighborhood? Are you singing or wailing? Ah. That was the build-up to some horrid screaming. You know, this is an older area, very few of us have AC. This means we all have our windows open (as I did last night), and can hear this child having a nuclear meltdown.

...Oh dear lord I think someone gave that kid chimes.

Okay, now I know what's up with the freaking toddler running through our hallway. It's a neighbor's child. He is running away from his mom. He runs through our building. When the mom catches him, she says things like "oh, Robbie, did you run away from mommy? " In the most honey coated tone ever. When I calm down slightly I will email my landlord about keeping our doors shut. Normally the outside doors are open during the summer, and closed when it gets cold in the winter. I'll just drop him a note that I'm closing the doors, and why I'm closing them. This is not okay, the kid ran through three times just now.
                      Last edited by notalwaysright; 08-26-2016, 06:34 PM.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• You have a porch. There's no reason for you to be blocking the bottom of the stairs being loud and drinking. It's midnight. And I have no idea why your kids were running around outside at 11:00.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Now there's a broken bar fridge in the garbage area. Awesome.

In other news, 'adult only' condo complexes confuse me. What's wrong with kids? I'm not having any problems with the children around here and there are a LOT of them. The adults are another story... :P

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                            In other news, 'adult only' condo complexes confuse me. What's wrong with kids?
                            The adults around here don't make or put down rules for their kids so we have a bunch of very badly behaved kids and adults
                            Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                              In other news, 'adult only' condo complexes confuse me. What's wrong with kids? I'm not having any problems with the children around here and there are a LOT of them. The adults are another story... :P
                              Bardmaiden said it, most are loud and obnoxious. Even well behaved small children are loud, and babies can't help themselves. I would ADORE a no-kids apartment building. Except it might backfire with people thinking that "adult" means adult, if you know what I mean. So I would say in reality the best thing would be to buy a lot of acreage and build a house with thick walls, haha not that I could afford to do it.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I'm 15 years away from moving into a "retirement community", and I fully intend to the instant I'm eligible. Not that I don't like kids, mind you -- I helped my brother raise his for a few years -- but I don't want any around my place.

(My next-door neighbors have a baby, maybe a year old. I can't blast my music during the day because it wakes the baby (and can't do it at night because night). Damn these paper-thin walls.)
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X