No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Sunday night you fight. I guess it's because you're stuck together all day? And now you're arguing in the bathroom. I just heard you [female] complain at the other that you can't go to the bathroom alone. It's like your boyfriend/husband/whatever is your child. Or your dog. Ridiculous and sad.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Oh, NOW you want to replace the fence, since you saw how nice my fence with the other neighbor looks. We asked you 2 years ago, and you said you would not pay half, as you didn't give a shit. But now, you realize what a piece of crap it is and want us to pay half. Ha. No. For one, it's the very very back part of my yard. Due to the trees, I can't even see it unless I go back there. So it doesn't bother me. two, when we asked if you would pay half, that was because we had extra cash at the time. Now, we are saving for a summer vacation and planning on painting the house this year. Sorry that you are now "desperate" as it looks so bad on your end. Maybe you shouldn't have been nasty two years ago

Comment

• Quoth April View Post
        Oh, NOW you want to replace the fence, since you saw how nice my fence with the other neighbor looks.
        This, I suspect, is part of the reason the yards around here either have two fences back-to-back (so each side only has to pay for their own fence), or they just plant trees and bushes in the way so they don't have to see the economy-grade fence separating the two properties.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

• Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          This, I suspect, is part of the reason the yards around here either have two fences back-to-back (so each side only has to pay for their own fence), or they just plant trees and bushes in the way so they don't have to see the economy-grade fence separating the two properties.
          I'm pretty sure that our fence is original to the property (1969) and it is in rough shape. Neighbors on one side asked us if we would go in half to replace it. Our half was 600 dollars. On the other side, we share a fence with 3 different neighbors, and one other along the backside. The one at the back, and one of the side neighbors were very, very rude about our offer. The 2 others said it wasn't in the budget right now, but that they would help us keep the current fence standing. I would love for each to have two fences because it would help US lol. I have 5 people sharing our fence total (big lot) and it is a PAIN trying to deal with 2 of our crazier neighbors.

Comment

• Ok asshole. You know your kid isn't supposed to be in your apartment or on the property. You know I'm supposed to call the landlord if I seem him here. I know you know because I see him slinking around trying to stay out of my sight. Stop complaining about your kid stealing from you. You're the one letting him in. You know I'm going to call if I see him. Don't get all bent out of shape when I do. The only thing your sneaking him in is going to accomplish is that you're going to get evicted if we don't all lose our homes first due to the neighbors calling the cops. Tell him to stop selling drugs out of your bedroom window. That will help.

Though I must admit, since y'all know I'm going to tattle, you've done an excellent job of keeping the yelling and fighting to a minimum. Thanks for small favors, I guess.

Comment

• Oh Lady in the flats next to us keep your child (who is seven) under control, the other day she was verbally abusive to me, spat at me and tried to get into my block which she knows she isn't supposed to. I've let the authorities know and they are "well aware" of the issue.
              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• I know full-well that's not a domestic going on down there, but I can truthfully say that's what it sounds like. Don't push me to make that phone call just because you don't know how to keep your voices down to a respectable level.

Comment

• What dirtbag dumped a broken couch in the communal trash area? And what dirtbag followed his lead and dumped ANOTHER couch and a whole raft of lawn chairs?

If my condo dues go up because of you I will shank you both.

Comment

• Neighbour child today told me that she hoped I'd die soon
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Why do my upstairs neighbors give me so much fodder for this thread? Why couldn't I have a nice, quiet family above me? My complex is full of nice, quiet people! Mostly Chinese, too, it's the demographic here.

Not my upstairs neighbors though. They kicked off at 7:30 in the morning with You Fucking C* Get the Fuck Out! And they haven't stopped since. The thumping is actually scary. They are STILL yelling as I type this. I actually heard the woman's voice this time although I couldn't make out what she was saying. Also, I think I heard a third person, a guy? He said something about leaving so maybe he's a roommate and left them to work it out. When exactly do I call the cops on this sort of thing?

Uggghhh. I hate these people.

Comment

• Aaaand I just called 911 and the property manager because of the water running off the balcony.

THANKS GUYS!

Comment

• No damage to your apartment, I hope? Please let us know what happened.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            No damage to your apartment, I hope? Please let us know what happened.
                            Nothing much really... police came out to take a look and the building manager suggested they were dumping a bucket off the balcony. There better NOT be damage to my condo, ever, or I'll sue. My sister's a lawyer.

Comment

• Hey you upstairs - yeah YOU, dirtbag. You're damn lucky I woke up to get a drink last night and happened to notice that water was dripping from the damn kitchen LIGHT!!! What was a trickle became a freaking waterfall, with me holding a 5 gallon trash can up to the ceiling while hubby ran upstairs and banged on your door to wake you and find out what the heck is going on!!!

To sum up - the upstairs wino fell asleep in the tub with it running on full. It took 20 freaking minutes to get him to come to the door, after which he cursed hubby out when told that water was coming into our kitchen from his apartment, and denied having any water running and slammed the door in hubby's face. Fortunately for us, the landlord showed up soon after, and then Dirtbag told him that he'd "Had a shower and might had dripped a bit of water on the floor"

Dripped a little? Our kitchen ceiling was completely saturated and the drywall had started to fall onto the floor, not to mention I emptied the trash cans out 4 times so there was more than 20 gallons that came into our apartment! Landlord told us that the carpet in Dirtbag's bedroom beside the bathroom, as well as the hallway, was soaked.

Our kitchen is a complete sodden mess, with the beams exposed, hanging soggy drywall etc. I shudder to think what could have happened if we weren't here - because last night was our first night back at our apartment after having spent the last 6 months living at my in-laws taking care of my mother-in-law!

Now we have to deal with contractors coming in to fix the damage - the entire kitchen ceiling needs to be replaced. I hope they bill him for the damage.
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

• ^ Stuff like that is my fear. Or what happened down the street a couple of weeks ago: a fire started in an unoccupied apartment. The refrigerator may or may not have caught on fire. If it did, I'm wondering why it was plugged in if no one lived there.

Comment

Working...
                                X