Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically, if memory serves, the buffer is "make sure that the end of that day has passed everywhere around the world", so it's either 24 hours after the end of the day, or 36. Can't remember right now.

Timezones *suck* for dealing. In this case, I cheated a lot

Comment

• No worries I knew it would go out eventually!

And omg...stamps cost so much! But I love you all so it's worth every nickle. I'd say 'penny' but Canada doesn't have pennies anymore :P

Comment

• Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
        No worries I knew it would go out eventually!

And omg...stamps cost so much! But I love you all so it's worth every nickle. I'd say 'penny' but Canada doesn't have pennies anymore :P
        But we still do!!
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I just got my stamps. Got domestic ones yesterday but they didn't have the global stamps, so I stopped at a different post office today after picking up my rental car. It's from Florida so I am pretending I am someplace warm.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• ...I wish I was someplace warm right now. It's damp and miserable here, and the weather can't seem to decide if it is going to rain or snow

Comment

• Hopefully getting my stamps tomorrow if my car gets out of the shop. Want to try and send off the cards this week since my postal service is kind of...crappy
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                ...I wish I was someplace warm right now. It's damp and miserable here, and the weather can't seem to decide if it is going to rain or snow
                What little window I can see from my desk seems to indicate that it is sunny. NOAA's website says it's 68 degrees. Which is actually pretty perfect for me. Alas, I am stuck inside.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-16-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• I addressed and wrote all of my cards this morning. I'm going to ship out the international ones first because they take longest, then I will keep the USA cards until I cross the border in 3 weeks. Much cheaper. I just have to wait for my pay to come in.

I have Canadian stamps already so those are going out today
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• I'm going to have to go cheap and send out boring generic cards. I was hoping to do something a little less crappy this year, but some things have happened that have torpedoed my budget. It's the thought that counts, right?

I plan on getting the cards this weekend and getting the international ones out by Monday and the domestic ones out by a week after Thanksgiving.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Yay!! I finally managed to get it to open! Seems that if you try and open the Word document in an old version of Word,it either comes up with a load of Martian characters.... or a picture that says Hope,Peace and Cookies and a lot of pictures of dogs

But now,on this computer,the PDF will finally open and there you all are waiting!

Also am I the only one who doesn't have a house number?I feel deprived...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        Yay!! I finally managed to get it to open! Seems that if you try and open the Word document in an old version of Word,it either comes up with a load of Martian characters.... or a picture that says Hope,Peace and Cookies and a lot of pictures of dogs
                        That's...really weird. Maybe I grabbed the wrong file...

Comment

• I sent out my internationals a few days ago. Once I get stamps, I will get the rest out.
                          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Monica's has arrived.Boy that was quick :P Maybe I can add to my little collection of state postmarks!

Comment

• Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              It's the thought that counts, right?
                              It is definitely the thought that counts.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              Also am I the only one who doesn't have a house number?I feel deprived...
                              Don't feel deprived. When I saw your address I thought it was kind of neat.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                                Monica's has arrived.Boy that was quick :P Maybe I can add to my little collection of state postmarks!

Monica's are always first.

Comment

Working...
                                X