Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    If we were here till December,I don't think we'd get all my issues sorted out
    I'm not qualified to help with any issues other than Christmas cards.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Can you send out a little code killer? It's sent me another three today!...

I think I now have had 10 activation codes!
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The email goes out immediately. That makes me think there's something weird happening in the communications between CS and your email account. I'll have to check into it and see what I can find for potential problems.

Comment

Announcement: Signups have closed for the 2015 Christmas Card Exchange event.

You have until November 08, 2015 to change your mind, and opt out of this event.

As of now, BookstoreEscapee, Monica, TawnyMyst, Ironclad Alibi, EricKei, ParkingWitch, iradney, BlaqueKatt, Trixie, KuariKaydrith, morgana, Irving Patrick Freleigh, DGoddessChardonnay, mathnerd, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, bhskittykatt, Kiwi, MoonCat, HappyFun Ball, Dreamstalker, Mikkel, smileyeagle1021, munchkinmama, NotMyProblem, Lurking Sockpuppet, Sarlon, Kit-Ginevra, RootedPhoenix have joined the list.
          Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

Final count:
            29 Total
            23 USA
            3 Canada
            1 England
            1 Denmark
            1 South Africa

You have until Sunday to opt out.

Comment

I'm afraid I'll have to bow out this year x.x I have been having persistent wrist pain in my right wrist that I figured would improve by now...and it hasn't. Doc still mystified beyond "nothing broken/not carpal/not tendonitis" (but I have an infection they've yet to actually treat). Won't be able to do much with it, and addressing/signing/glitterfying a bunch of cards would just make it worse. Sorry >_< I've already opted-out on the cardlist site. Next year, then! ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                I'm afraid I'll have to bow out this year x.x I have been having persistent wrist pain in my right wrist that I figured would improve by now...and it hasn't. Doc still mystified beyond "nothing broken/not carpal/not tendonitis" (but I have an infection they've yet to actually treat). Won't be able to do much with it, and addressing/signing/glitterfying a bunch of cards would just make it worse. Sorry >_< I've already opted-out on the cardlist site. Next year, then! ^_^
                But that's why we send it in label-ready form!

Comment

I do a lot of writing within the cards, too ^_^ While the pain has been variable, it's at the point where, any given day, my wrist might be almost usable but still too weak to carry anything, or so bad that I'm reaching for that mild narcotic the doc prescribed for me x.x Any activity just makes it tend towards the latter. I love doing this every year, which is why I waited a while before deciding to drop out.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

All right, all right. I hope you feel better soon.

I have wrist issues, too (ever since college), though not that bad. I prefer to actually hand-address the cards but some years I use the stickers if my hand is bothering me when I get the time to do my cards.

Comment

Just a reminder, if anyone else needs out, you have until tomorrow (Sunday 11/8). Once the opt-out closes, the list will be automagically sent out. Once the list goes out, you're stuck!

Comment

Has the list gone out yet?

Comment

Announcement: The opt out period has passed for the 2015 Christmas Card Exchange event.

The email containing the PDF of all addresses of the participants
                          has been sent to the participants.

The templates to use when printing these addresses are the Avery
                          8160 templates. In addition, Avery has a file template that can be
                          used to print out your own return address labels. Go to
                          http://www.avery.com/ and look for Avery 8160 in the software area.

Reminder: These addresses are private! Keep the PDF itself private
                          please!
                          Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

The list is out!!!!!

You'll be getting cards very soon!!!!

Don't forget to tally up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means when you get a card, you go to the card list link, click on "Tally up" and check off the name of the person who sent you that card. This is how I know who did and did not live up to their end of the deal, so please make sure you give credit to your fellow CSers so no one gets unfairly penalized.

To see if your cards have been counted, click the "View Tallies" link; you'll see how many people have checked off your name. Don't panic if a few are missing; as long as a fair number have been tallied, I will assume you sent them all. You have until the end of January to tally them.

Also, as always, if something comes up and for some reason you find you can't follow through, simply PM me and explain yourself. No one will hate you, I promise.
                            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-10-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I just received the address list. I recall last year that one address had the word "None" in it that was apparently not needed, although the cards did seem to get through. Should I/we keep "None" in the address, or drop it?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Mikkel is apparently the only one with "None" in their address. It's because the state field was left blank; it can be dropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X