This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A joke for all the Canadians on here.

I emailed this to a Canadian friend. She got a good laugh.

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I'd put up an argument, but that is pretty accurate.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Good one.
      You could easily replace some of those for US cities.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Back when I was doing sprite-comics, I did one at my then-girlfriend's urging. She's from New England, and currently living in suburban Boston.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Haha been there done that.

Hated it.

Probably going to be doing it again. Soon. *sigh*
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Today was the first day in months that people bitched about the cold here. It was down to 78. Possibly 76.

(No, I'm not kidding. Some people actually were bitching about the cold.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Today was the first day in months that people bitched about the cold here. It was down to 78. Possibly 76.

CURSES on you Jester....... I WILL get you next time...

Be prepared for the ice bath
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I live in Texas...76-78 is NOT cold (unless you're talking Kelvin or Rankine temperature scales...)

When I was a teenager in the early 1990's we flew up to Maine one summer to visit some of my grandmother's relatives.

We got there, and the high one of the days was 85. This was in July. I can't tell you how often I heard "It's so hot!"

I told them, "Wait a minute...let me tell you about hot. Hot is 90 degrees in the shade, and a high temperature of 100 degrees..."
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I live in Texas too but I spend my summers in Alaska. If the temperature gets up to 70, they consider it a heat wave. Of course, I get to laugh at my Alaskan friends for saying that 70 is hot, and they get to laugh at me for saying that 40 is cold.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I lived for three years in suburban Dallas, TX. The summer heat down there was actually preferable to the summer heat in the DC area where I grew up and where I live now.

Texas, you see, has a dry heat. The DC area has humid heat, and I will take dry heat over humidity every time.

There was one amusing case while I was in Texas-- I had a doctor's appointment after school that day, and was awaiting pick-up outside. That day, a "blue norther" swept in, dropping the temperature about forty degrees, to the point where there were occasional snow flurries as I was waiting for Mom. Since we hadn't been expecting the front to hit that quickly, I didn't have a jacket.

Also waiting outside that day was another student, likewise without a jacket, looking utterly unperturbed by the cold. When I questioned this, he shrugged and said, "I'm from Minnesota, this is nothing."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Ugh DC is so hot during the summer. This past summer was not bad tho. I've been to Florida during the summer and their hot is even more scorching than ours *shudder* gave me a head ache unless I was indoors or in the pool 24/7.
                      I've thought about moving more north but slipping on ice isn't my thing either
                      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Our fellow Canadians from all over laughed at us Torontonians and mocked us heartily when our then-mayor Mel Lastman called in the Army to dig us out from the snowstorm of 1999.

Just goes to show you that stuff like this happens even in Canada.
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

As a Canuck LIVING in New England, I approve of both pics!!!
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                            Our fellow Canadians from all over laughed at us Torontonians and mocked us heartily when our then-mayor Mel Lastman called in the Army to dig us out from the snowstorm of 1999.

Just goes to show you that stuff like this happens even in Canada.
                            Probably because Here in Edmonton we get that at least once a season.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

A CW of mine went to Florida once with family and the first day it was about 72. They were walking around in shorts & t-shirts, and all the locals were staring at them like they were nuts. The locals were wearing heavy coats.

You get acclimated to where you live, generally.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X