This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    The only "profiles" I have are on sites like this one, and none of them include my real name or a photo.
    Aw, rats! I thought you were a glass of wine--and a very cute one at that!!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I just got a robocall from a Seattle number that claimed to be from the Internal Revenue Services, saying they were filing a lawsuit against us. Wanted us to call a different number to "get more information about this case file". I know the IRS does not do phone calls, but other folks might not be so savvy, so I sent a notice to the Do Not Call list about them. Hopefully, something can be done.

I'd post the phone numbers, but I don't think that's allowed on cs.
      Last edited by XCashier; 01-05-2016, 08:14 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        I also get "messages" in my email saying that I have messages in WhatsApp.
        I've been getting that recently too. Don't have the app and never heard of it until this. The link looks innocuous (purports to lead to some video file, most recent was a kitten one), but we all know better...if I had my sandbox netbook up and running I'd see what happens, but I don't so no way.
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-06-2016, 01:27 AM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          Aw, rats! I thought you were a glass of wine--and a very cute one at that!!
          I'm actually the bottle
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hubba hubba!!
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I just got a robocall from a Seattle number that claimed to be from the Internal Revenue Services, saying they were filing a lawsuit against us.
              I got one of those as well. Moreover, the IRS does not file suits: they help themselves to any account or income stream you have, not to mention, intercepting refunds.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I just got a robocall from a Seattle number that claimed to be from the Internal Revenue Services, saying they were filing a lawsuit against us. Wanted us to call a different number to "get more information about this case file". I know the IRS does not do phone calls, but other folks might not be so savvy, so I sent a notice to the Do Not Call list about them. Hopefully, something can be done.

I'd post the phone numbers, but I don't think that's allowed on cs.
                Back when I still lived in my apartment, I got one of those phone calls once, only it wasn't from the "IRS" - the guy left a voicemail, didn't mention who he was calling on behalf of, just that he was reviewing my case, and mentioned a file number. (which to me, sounded like he was hinting that I was being sued for something)

And while I did have a few credit cards which had been sent to collections, I had NOT received any sort of paperwork that would indicate one of those companies was filing a suit against me.

Comment

I got one earlier today that was trying to scam me while warning me about scams.

It was quite funny.
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                    Back when I still lived in my apartment, I got one of those phone calls once, only it wasn't from the "IRS" - the guy left a voicemail, didn't mention who he was calling on behalf of, just that he was reviewing my case, and mentioned a file number. (which to me, sounded like he was hinting that I was being sued for something)
                    There's a YouTube video where an "IRS Scammer" calls a police officer...

The scammer says that President Obama is sitting right next to him. So the officer asks to talk to "the President". The scammer, obviously, does a poor job of impersonating the President before the officer reveals that he knows that the scammer is trying to scam him.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I just get the boring robodiallers claiming I won a "free" cruise. I just hang up on them.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I just got an email from an address very similar to my moms, that said "Hey! I saw this and I thought of you. I thought you would like it." and included a link that was partially titled "Sexyfuntimeinternet". Not quite a scam, but totally a virus lol

Comment

I called back the "IRS" Told them I got a call from the International Ravioli Society and I wanted to know the status of my ravioli order. Enjoyment ensued. The number was a VOIP in Oakland, Maryland so I kept asking how the weather was in the Land of Marys.

Never got my raviolis -le sigh- but I did get one of the guys to threaten me with jail time. \0/ They never seem to like it when you reply with a loud "YEAH!!!".
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                          X