This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooo

I feel like a failure. I went 2 or 3 years without a cig and then today went and bought a cheap e cig.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

A little something to think about:

"Failure is an event, not a person." -- Zig Ziglar
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Looks like Zig never met Vinegar Boy.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Lol one of the few stories I read once and stopped. Also anyone else think that sounds like a terrible sidekick name? It's Captain Oil and his sidekick, Vinegar Boy joining together to fight Señor Salad!
        ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Re-reading that post, I would say that the egg donor and spineless SM were more the failures.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Ha ha ha ha ha!! I remember that story! That one and "Crazy Maggot Lady" really stuck out to me. Are they still on the site somewhere?
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              Ha ha ha ha ha!! I remember that story! That one and "Crazy Maggot Lady" really stuck out to me. Are they still on the site somewhere?
              The Vinegar Boy story is in the "War Stories" forum. Don't know about Crazy Maggot Lady, though.
              A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

1. My pain management team would call that a lapse, not a failure (well, if it was a lapse in doing my exercises). And would say to simply pick up tomorrow as if nothing had happened.

2. They're dressing Senor Salad, not fighting him. Senor Salad has committed crimes of fashion. And has created fashion victims throughout the city!
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Here's Crazy maggot lady.

Here's Vinegar Boy.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X