Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we know that you've woken up from this dream and that you're not dead?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I mentioned this dream on Facebook, but I can repeat it here.

I'm not usually one to remember my dreams. I sleep too deeply for that. But last week I had a dream that I woke up from... then fell back asleep into, TWICE.

The gist of the dream was about vampire-like people that fed on "the creative spark" from artistic types (artists, writers, etc.). Some of those who lost the spark ended up becoming like the vampire-types, needing to feed on the creative sparks of others.

The first part of the dream centered around some vamp-hunters that had lured, cornered, and trapped one of the spark-eaters in an art gallery, but the spark-eater pretty effortlessly took them down and converted them.

The second and third parts of the dream were more or less follow-ups to that. The spark-eaters still appreciated art and creativity, and in some cases were still driven to try to create, but without a spark of their own, could only make copies of existing works, lesser or inferior versions of them at that.

That I woke up from the dream twice and went back into it is very unusual for me, and kind of creeped me out a bit. As a somewhat creative sort myself, it made me a little paranoid, wondering if someone was trying to tell me something.

After waking up the final time, I jokingly thought about how those who'd been drained of the spark could only make lesser quality copies of previous works, and said to myself, "Ah, this explains Hollywood!"
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

There's a story in there somewhere...

My weirdest dream would probably be the one where the family was in a car driving away very quickly from an exploding volcano.In order to try and stop it,we were both hanging out of the rear windows-my sister waving a giant cheese at it,and me banging away furiously on a large portable gong.
        I challenge any of these bods that tell you what your dreams mean to tackle that little gem.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
        X