Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Cards 2016 - Time to Send Out Your Cards!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so sorry for the radio silence. My computer became so much a brick at the end of November there, massive motherboard failure and my phone would let me read but every time I tried a reply it would crash the program I was using to read the forums with. Luckily my big Christmas present this year is an iPad, so it will tide me over until I can replace my computer. My cards went out the week before Christmas so those overseas might get them a little late and sorry for them not being homemade this year, just did not have the time in my schedule to get them done.

I have received cards so far from:
    Captain Neon
    Ironclad Alibi
    BookstoreEscapee
    KuariKaydrith
    LurkingSockpuppet
    ParkingWitch and Mama Kay
    Taxguykarl
    Mathnerd
    50missioncap
    Pixelated
    Ree
    Munchkinmama and munchkins
    MadMike
    Morgana

Comment

• I hope your 2017 sees you with a shiny new computer, TawnyMyst! I got your card today

Comment

• I also received TawnyMyst's card today.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• I too received a card from TawnyMyst today.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I'm sorry, guys. I' e been so sick that getting the cards out has not happened.

I will be getting them out tomorrow. I'm sorry.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Yup, got TawnyMyst's card guess it's yesterday now.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• I received a card from TawnyMyst today
                Meeeeoooow.....
                Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• So my cousin and her friend got in an accident just before I was set to go send the cards.

I..I do not think they are getting out today. I'm sorry.
                  Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 12-30-2016, 10:09 PM.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----

Comment

• Got cards from

Dreamstalker

Elspeth

Goddess chardonnay

Comment

• Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                      So my cousin and her friend got in an accident just before I was set to go send the cards.

I..I do not think they are getting out today. I'm sorry.
                      Thanks for the update. Hope your cousin and friend are okay.

20 people have reported 322 cards received from 23 people.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Seems like they both are, though my cousin went to the hospital. Nothing broken, just sore.

It was not a nice accident. To my knowledge everyone was okay that was involved at all.

I just feel bad that I didn't get the cards out already.
                        -----

Comment

• It's all good. Stuff happens and we've all been in similar situations. Don't feel bad for life throwing a few hurdles in your way. *HUGS*

Comment

• Sunshine's and Elspeth's cards came yesterday.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

Here's the latest tally:
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-05-2017, 12:43 AM.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• So my last month has been tough, I've racked up $8500 in sudden emergency expenses, and had a tonne of people I didn't even know come to my aid. The highlights:
                                • I pick up a temporary lodger and her daughter until the end of January after I find out one of the coffee shop workers apartment is being renovated and she has nowhere to live
                                • My son smashes his face in at school, multiple doctor, dentist and plastic surgeon visits including (hopefully the last) one in February - $4500
                                • My car engine dies. I have to rent a car for two weeks and get a new engine put in - $4000
                                • Coffee shop lady lodger gets me a temp night job baking for the coffee shop, last night was my last night
                                • Coffee shop lady's friend does christmas decorations so she pays me to collect evergreen boughs for her
                                • Someone (probably my kids teacher - she felt really bad about his face and worried about the bills for it on my behalf) signed me up for a christmas hamper from the food bank. 2 months worth of basic groceries meant I could buy my kid a christmas present (new snowshoes) so yay, but I volunteer there one night every other week so that was especially embarrasing for me
                                • I got 8 kids coming in about 4 hours to babysit for new years at $100 each
                                • I managed to work 21 hours a day unless we had medical appts for the last month and a bit, which means that I am now two months behind on utilities, one month behind on rent, and need to get another $1200 dollars together (most of which I'll make tonight) for my kids last dentist appt in Feb, but other than that I managed to pay it all off!

I think the lesson here is don't worry too much about stuff, other people will take care of you, but that can't be right

So I finally went to the post office today, and will be making cards (happy 2017?) to send tonight once the kids go to bed. Most sincere apologies for sending everyone's out so late

My Tally (including two from a few of you ) :
                                Bookstore Escapee
                                TawnyMyst
                                Dreamstalker
                                50 mission cap
                                DGoddessChardonnay
                                ParkingWitch
                                Elspeth
                                Ironclad Alibi
                                Captain Neon
                                Aria
                                KuariKaydrith
                                mathnerd
                                munchkinmamma
                                Irving Patrick Freleigh
                                Lurking Sockpuppet
                                taxguykarl
                                Ree
                                morgana
                                MadMike
                                Trixie

We just put up the tree before going for the post, we are putting up all the cards now, it's looking very festive right now. My son - who has put up with a LOT this month, pain,surgery, never seeing the mom, no christmas - is getting super excited. He and I are doing christmas dinner tomorrow (I got two hares this week, another yay!) and he gets to open his present, and the poor kid is finally starting to feel a little christmassy. Thank you all so much for brightening this holiday for us.
                                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X