Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a few inches of snow here. Enough to close school for a few days. Driving was fun. The sun was out for a bit, melted the snow...except in the shady parts of the street, which were slick with ice.
    Attached Files
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's 45° here, very light rain and the 5' pile of snowpack by the driveway is half gone...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It started here around 5:00 or 5:30. It's supposed to go all night and into tomorrow, but change to ice at some point.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't know exactly how much we got in my area of northern virginia, but I had to call out Saturday. Sunday I made the trip in at 0 degree weather and we (the wife drove me) were panicking the whole time. Several people had called out that day as well. Had to get my wife to come get me at work since my ride wasn't there.

I called out yesterday morning because our back road is icy and the idiot snowplow guy was doing nothing but tamping down the snow and ice more. He wasn't spreading salt or anything!
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I've been awake for over 16 hours now, and it's been snowing for most of it.
            I may or may not have just said that I'm so glad that the obscenely cold temperatures are gone that I don't even mind it snowing...
            ...I HATE snow...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              I called out yesterday morning because our back road is icy and the idiot snowplow guy was doing nothing but tamping down the snow and ice more. He wasn't spreading salt or anything!
              There was a lot of drama in this area after an '08 snowstorm in Seattle, because they didn't salt and the plows were making it worse.

I see they're predicting an ice storm for the midwest later this week.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The ice is now. It snowed wet and heavy, then rained and flooded our work parking lot, and now the water has frozen. My apartment complex is an ice rink and if they don't do something about it tomorrow morning, I am not going to work. Oh, and it's really windy and in the teens right now. I feel I'm going to end up using all my sick time during the first quarter and get in trouble later in the year.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We have snow...well something whitish and slushy.Might have been sleet or hail.It came halfway up my shoe. Except when you step in a puddle by accident and it squelches over the top...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                  X