Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which company must be making moolah hand over fist in your area?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which company must be making moolah hand over fist in your area?

As far as I know, it takes a lot of moolah to open a business. Some range from 100k to a million dollars! So at first I thought it was mcd's or starbux because I see a lot. But no! The place that has the most is Seven 11, they are everywhere I live, and once I saw two that were right next to each other! They are on every block so they must be making a mint I believe . Anyway which company does your city have too much of in your opinion?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

We seem to have 2 of everything, one on each end of town. Of course what we consider the other side of town is actually another town, but still....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The donut and coffee places are everywhere. They pop up like mushrooms.

Also, apparently tacos contain the best drugs evar because everybody-and-his-brother is opening a taco place.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Until recently, there was an interstate exit near me that, on one corner, had a Huddle House (similar to Waffle House), then across the street was a Waffle House, and across the interstate from the Waffle House was, no joke, ANOTHER Waffle House. Not even half a mile apart. A year or so ago, the Huddle House went through some renovations, reopened, then was quickly sold to a small BBQ place. The Waffle House across the street from it is currently undergoing a transition to I think a gas station. But I always thought that was so ridiculous.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

coffee shops. I'm in a small town of about 5,000 people and we have 6 coffee shops (not including McCafe) . They seem to do good , while all our other food business struggle.

Comment

*ponders* There's a lot of gyms. Like, a lot. Not sure how well they're doing in the economic downturn though. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a winnowing.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Also, apparently tacos contain the best drugs evar because everybody-and-his-brother is opening a taco place.
              I live in a town that has NO ONE that does tacos, or even half-decent Mexican food. An authentic Mexican restaurant would make megabucks here... we have NINE Asian-style restaurants here in a town of about twelve thousand people, and a couple of steakhouse/pub/family-style places (Boston Pizza, Mr. Mike's, White Spot, etc.). A little variety would clean up.
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm going to say overpriced nonsense hipster restaurants. I would say coffee shops, but I can't say I think there can ever be too many coffee shops.

Oh! I can't believe it wasn't my first thought! Breweries! We have so many, it's getting ridiculous.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The town where I live is fairly small (only 9000 people), and the economy's down, so I find it hard to believe anybody's doing well. The only places I consistently see lots of cars parked are McDonald's and Target. Even the bars and liquor stores don't usually have many cars parked by them.
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

WalMart. There are 6 of them within 15 miles of me with another one being built. 7 MORE for another 5 miles.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

A Taco Bell, a Taco Johns, and a glorified taco truck in a town of <30K. There must be lots of money to be made selling bad tacos to German Catholics. Every retail establishment has a HELP WANTED sign, and the locals wax poetic about what retail shops they think the town needs. This right after hammering through a bond referendum to build a new hockey arena and a domed football stadium. They say that the kids don't have anything to keep them occupied so we needed them. Spoiled entitled brats is what I call'em, and then there are their children...

Comment

I was going to post the logo of Canada's most famous coffee-and-dougnut place ... but thanks to my decision to instal the latest OS on my elderly computer, I can't 'Save Image As' anymore. I can't even do screenshots anymore.

Some of the folks here have given me suggestions on how to downgrade to an older OS. I've looked at those instructions. Methinks I'll just save up and buy me a new Mac Mini ...

... oh, and I'll be a LOT more careful about installing "the latest [whatever]" in future.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          I was going to post the logo of Canada's most famous coffee-and-dougnut place ...
                          Oh, whenever I listen to the Country to the North's radio stations, they have commercials for that place. They taunt me, the food/drinks sound really good but we don't have any here. We don't even have any Dunkin Donuts.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

They're making all their moolahlah... selling franchises.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We have mainly banks, cellphone stores and gyms.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X