X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post

Or learning languages.
    I love studying languages, but nobody will ever mistake me for anything other than a native English speaker. As a Canadian, I had to study French during my school years, but our French classes were badly organized. Nowadays language classes emphasize grammar and spelling, yes, but also conversational skills. Back in my day, all we did was memorize verbs and their tenses and then regurgitate them as required on tests.

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    I can't see where to stick the hook, so I end up increasing on accident.
    Quoth dalesys View Post
    Why I have six kids?

Quoth Kittish View Post
    Carpentry. I enjoy making and building things, but I'm not very good with wood. Mostly, the stuff I turn out is serviceable, but it ain't pretty. I think my inclination to over-engineer fastenings and joins also works against me. Glue? Nah. Glue plus screws must be ever so much more secure, right? Right?
    You know, carpentry is something I've always wanted to learn (because, ya know, I'm so great at other crafts ...) It's not a particularly good hobby for apartment dwellers, though.

Quoth Kristev View Post
    I'd like to succeed at something important.
    That's an intriguingly brief response. Do you have something specific in mind?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      You know, carpentry is something I've always wanted to learn (because, ya know, I'm so great at other crafts ...) It's not a particularly good hobby for apartment dwellers, though.
      It can be...do like I did. Write to your city officials about them starting up a MakerSpace where you live. Here in my town in Texas, though I live in a house, I wrote to the mayor about starting a local MakerSpace. She wrote me back telling me she thought it was a great idea, and she even got the arts commission and the city commission (like a city council) involved, so it seems they're at least looking into it. A guy I know lives about an hour or so from me, and he has one where he lives. He goes there quite frequently.

I don't know if they're going to do feasibility studies or what, but I'm hoping they move forward with it.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Love to play the piano.I can sit down and go plink plink with one hand and occasionally something recognizable emerges...but to just be able to ay 'Ah yes,Symphony #4' and whizz your hands up and down keyboard...wow
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I enjoy playing the piano although it's been years since I've even touched a keyboard. I don't think I was ever all that good, but it was still fun. I'm with you ,Blue Ginger, on keeping the beat.
          When I was growing up, I would peek at everyone else and try to follow what they were doing if we had to clap in time to the music.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
            I enjoy playing the piano although it's been years since I've even touched a keyboard.
            I'm sure you've touched a keyboard very recently - unless you're posting from a touch-screen device.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Love to play the piano.I can sit down and go plink plink with one hand and occasionally something recognizable emerges...but to just be able to ay 'Ah yes,Symphony #4' and whizz your hands up and down keyboard...wow
              I'd still like to hear you play.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Paint, but I really don't have that artistic hand. I have tried several times but it still doesn't work.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  nobody will ever mistake me for anything other than a native English speaker... As a Canadian
                  Failure to compute...these do not agree with each other
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I love to draw, too. I can draw a serviceable cartoon/anime face, but I can't draw bodies. I would love to be able to draw the costumes and RPG characters that are in my mind, so I can share them with other people.

I'm pretty good at sewing (just the other day, I finished a tunic to wear to work), but I'd like to be able to draw what I'm going to make so people can see what I'm working on.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

gardening and outdoor stuff.

I used to love going outside and had a veggie garden for many years and now it's hard to make the time to go out and babysit the plants and pick the veggies.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

So many things but the most? It's a tie between being witty and singing. I'm meh at both but if I were excellent at them, that'd make my life! XD
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                        X