Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame... as chat up lines go...
    'Can I roll your girl cat with my lint roller?' is definitely different...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Original Trek and Original Trilogy Star Wars, here.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        I can claim Trekkie and Star Wars, but not Whovian.

(And why does the spell checker recognize "Trekkie" and not "Whovian"?

As for the comment about something British, my card definitely has British inspiration.

Same here ... Trekkie and SW. I think the only reason I can't claim to be a Whovian is because I haven't had a television in decades and last watched it when this guy played the good Doctor. I remember really liking it at the time, though.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Trekkie and Star Wars for me as well.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            But have you seen the inspiration for them, The Forbidden Planet?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              "Small and British"... hmm. How big are you, again?

I did send you a PM, hope it makes you chuckle.

Along similar lines, though, I'd love to know whether everyone is a Trekkie, Whovian, or Star Wars fan.
              Trek fan here!!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Seeing as we've gone for quality rather than quantity this year :P all you critters over the pond,I shall be able to include something small and British if you would like-PM me to let me know what you want.Afraid I can't include haggises,models of Stonehenge,Coronation Street or a pearly queen....
                Well, I wouldn't say no to Tom Burke showing up on my doorstep! But he's not exactly small LOL

Comment

But have you seen the inspiration for them, The Forbidden Planet?
                  Only about 85 times. I have both the DVD and the book, and am writing an update.

Also, did you know that the inspiration for THAT was by Shakespeare?

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    I'd love to know whether everyone is a Trekkie, Whovian, or Star Wars fan.
                    Browncoat 8p

OK, OK, out of those three, I lean most strongly towards Star Wars. All four of 'em.

*random voice* But aren't there like sev-

*me* LALALALAALA LIGHTSABER NOISES I HEAR NOTHING!

(machete/moviebob order ftw)
                    (And why does the spell checker recognize "Trekkie" and not "Whovian"?
                    I would argue that the former has been in common parlance far longer...Even though most would make the distinction betweena TrekKIE and a TrekKER, these days
                    Last edited by EricKei; 11-06-2017, 10:10 PM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Um, so apparently I posted this in the private subforum where I talk about you all with the mods/admins instead of this thread.

The official count is 19:
                      1 in England
                      3 in Canada
                      15 in the US

BookstoreEscapee
                      tigger222
                      taxguykarl
                      Ironclad Alibi
                      Pixelated
                      Dreamstalker
                      Sandman
                      Kit-Ginevra
                      Morgana
                      DGoddessChardonnay
                      Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      Kittish
                      csquared
                      Teysa
                      Ree
                      telecom_goddess
                      smileyeagle1021
                      KuariKaydrith
                      EricKei

If you sent me a message and are not on this list, let me know ASAP.

You have until Friday, November 10th to opt out, no questions asked.
                      Remember, once the list is sent, you are in it for the season!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Um, so apparently I posted this in the private subforum where I talk about you all with the mods/admins instead of this thread.

The official count is 19:
                        1 in England
                        3 in Canada
                        15 in the US

BookstoreEscapee
                        Remember, once the list is sent, you are in it for the season!

So this is the list I use for the Snog,Marry,Kill,Avoid game?
                        Last edited by EricKei; 11-07-2017, 02:43 AM. Reason: snip
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          So this is the list I use for the Snog,Marry,Kill,Avoid game?
                          Um, sure...
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            Drat, I should have specified ... same here: originals of both series. Especially the original SW. And original ST in spite of Shatner's over-emoting.
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              Shatner's over-emoting.
                              He wasn't too bad yet when that was filmed; he got much worse over time.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                                He wasn't too bad yet when that was filmed; he got much worse over time.
                                Ugh, seriously?? I watched some of the original episodes a few decades later and thought he was pretty bad even then. Although by then I'd heard so much about his over-the-top acting that maybe I was just seeing what I expected to see ...
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X