Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Browncoat 8p

OK, OK, out of those three, I lean most strongly towards Star Wars. All four of 'em.

*random voice* But aren't there like sev-

*me* LALALALAALA LIGHTSABER NOISES I HEAR NOTHING!

(machete/moviebob order ftw)
    I would argue that the former has been in common parlance far longer...Even though most would make the distinction betweena TrekKIE and a TrekKER, these days
    Right, Firefly. There's not a lot of Firefly themed stuff I can print out that's small enough to be sent with a card, alas. Pretty much all I've been able to find is models of Serenity and her shuttles that are far too large to fit into an envelope. And some pretty awesome life-size models of Vera. Edit: Ok, I've found a couple of things. Add Browncoat to the official list of "Which fandoms".
    Last edited by Kittish; 11-08-2017, 07:12 PM.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Im sorry I can't join , stillhave all your cards from last year ! Maybe next year , enjoy all

Comment

I've got plenty of FF goodies, but most of them are too big to include in a card -- Been subbing to their lootcrate since it was first announced. That, and most of the stuff I'm willing to part with has already been donated to a FF charity auction I actually know a guy who makes micro-sized weapons and such, I just can't afford to get THAT many of them. Plus, ya know, it'd probably take him 6 months to make that many tiny little Veras

I can probably find some cool stuff to print out. I may be able to make my own cards, as cardstock is something I *can* get a hold of.
        Last edited by EricKei; 11-08-2017, 09:05 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So, opt out officially closes today. I'll send out the list sometime this weekend. I just need to fill in my label template, and, well, my ear hurts and I don't feel like it tonight.

I'll post a note here when it's been sent.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I just sent out the list!

The list is in PDF format, formatted for use with Avery 8160 address labels (1x2.63-inch labels, 30 per sheet). Since there are only 19 of us, I put some fun stuff in the blank spots.

It is coming from my personal Gmail address and the subject line is "Customers Suck! 2017 Christmas Card Exchange Address List." If you don't see it, check your spam folder. If it's not there send me a PM and I will resend it. If you have trouble with the file, let me know and I can send it in Word or Excel format if necessary.

Please remember to keep the list private. Thank you!

Comment

I managed to receive it no problem this year :P...and I managed to screw up everyone's system by not having a nice simple number-street-town combination
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yay!

I got one bounced back email. I won't say from who. Said person should check their PMs.

Comment

Got mine!

10char

Comment

LIST HAS BEEN ACQUIRED

WELCOME, FIRST TO JOIN THE MACHINE

THE FUTURE IS HERE

[EOL]
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Got it!
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Got my list. Thanks.
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I received the list. Now to start printing the cards.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I got it, and now I just have to buy stamps

Comment

Even Cooper has received one of your damn cards....
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I have my list!

Stamps. Right, I'm going to need stamps, too. Thanks for the reminder!
                                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                                X