Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abusers can go batshit crazy once things go public.
    Yes, but that's when you use basic lawncare tactics. And by that, I mean you run over his face with a lawnmower. And even then, I only say that because I'm not TOO sadistic (plenty of Manhunt under my belt and plenty of tools for reenactment's sake).
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      TD probably has fingernails.
      Why yes. Yes she does. Didn't think of that. But hopefully she will never have to use them on this fuckhorn again.

Quoth Geek King View Post
      I will say having seasons is nice, as opposed to having Hot-dry, Hot-wet, Hot-wetter, and Monsoon Season.
      That describes many places, but not Key West.

We are NEVER dry!

Our seasons our Warm Autumn, Mild (Spring to you mainlanders) Winter, Windy Spring, and Hot & Still or Hurricane.

Not much to update on the situation. The police seem to be dragging their feet, for whatever reason. Tomorrow TD and her friend/new roommate are going to a victim's advocacy something or other that says they can help her light a fire under the cops, which I am beginning to think is necessary. Also, at some point very soon, with a law enforcement officer along for safety, security, and legality, we will be going to BB's residence to retrieve all of TD's possessions, clothes, papers, etc. Nothing else new to report, I am afraid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I worked with one of these "But he really loves me!" women. She was sent home once because her face was so bruised she could hardly see, let alone wait tables. Her excuse was that she'd accidentally slammed her face in the car door. At least he learned not to mess up her face again since it interfered with their income - she worked while he was in-between jobs, of course.

Once while I was working there, she came to work terrified and a co-worker arranged for her to go to a house for battered women. The boyfriend was furious, driving around and around the restaurant to look in and try to see her. Police were called and he took off.

Everyone was proud of her for leaving him, and reminded her of it each day.

Then she abruptly quit and started working at another restaurant down the street. Why? Because she'd (1) moved back in with the slugger, (2) didn't want to admit it, and (3) was tired of everyone telling her how glad we were for her for dumping him.

They eventually moved out-of-state.

I often wondered if she had a father or brother, and why one of them didn't get involved in 'disposing of' her slugger.

I remember something from Snatch about feeding pigs ... (Yes, I know it was already referenced, but I did think about it before reading those replies).

If someone were to ever treat my daughter like that, I'm certain I could find a hungry pig or two to feed.

Do you know if TD has any family, and if they're aware of all this?

Comment

Jester, you are truly being a great friend. I hope that TD, will get everything taken care of
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Palsgraf View Post
            I often wondered if she had a father or brother, and why one of them didn't get involved in 'disposing of' her slugger.

Do you know if TD has any family, and if they're aware of all this?
            1. Very possible that the males in her family were of the same mentality as Ole Slugger. It would explain a lot of why she would put up with some idiocy. And it is not at all uncommon, either.

2. I don't know. I should probably ask.

Quoth powerboy View Post
            Jester, you are truly being a great friend. I hope that TD, will get everything taken care of
            I do what I can. But I can be quite a bastard as well. And damnit, don't you people forget it!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Probem with a lot of these women is that this is how they have brought up. They think it's normal because it happens in their family. Same with the men who do it to them. Mom gets beat up by dad. That's normal interaction to them.

Comment

Damn. I went off to do productive schoolwork for a couple of days, figuring I'd come back to hear the good news that BB had been arrested, and... nothing?

Disappointment. In response to your response to my last note, Jester: That's pretty troubling that BB would likely come after TD again.

Also, the self-defense technique I learned (hooray for being the only guy in a class of all girls) was groin-eyes-run like hell. Closeness, of course, can be eliminated by the use of the knee and/or thigh to strike up and forward. And while most guys will guard this region, they often expect punches and/or kicks, rather than a knee or thigh (which is altogether faster and gives more leverage).

As for weapons? Mace/pepper spray is a good option, though here in MA you need a license to carry it (not sure what the law is in FL). I don't think homemade pepper spray requires a license though. I carry a kubaton attached to my car keys which requires very little or no training (just hit, jab, punch, etc with it) and is legally concealable in the US (it's just a keychain, after all). Anything she can carry will likely give her a little more sense of security, which is honestly the most important part of carrying any weapon for legitimate purposes.

Also, a kubaton or pepper spray is generally not considered an "escalation" over bare-hand fighting in self-defense cases, as both are specifically designed for self-defense.

Ok, that's my spiel. Good on you for helping out and for your testicular fortitude in dealing with BB. Best of luck with the warrant and the victim's advocacy dealie.
                "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post

Also, a kubaton or pepper spray is generally not considered an "escalation" over bare-hand fighting in self-defense cases, as both are specifically designed for self-defense.
                  If you can get hold of PAVA spray, its more effective than most (UK police forces are slowely converting to it), it effectivly closes the eyes rendering your assailant about as threatening as an asthmatic rabbit.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Dumb question.....what kind of store would one go to to BUY pepper spray or such items? I haven't the foggiest idea.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Try a gun store.

Comment

Also some outdoors stores (Though admittedly not in your area) carry things like that as bear repellant.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          rendering your assailant about as threatening as an asthmatic rabbit.
                          A couple-hundred-pound asthmatic rabbit is still pretty dangerous, especially once the whole "the bitch fought back" testosterone/adrenaline cocktail starts to kick in. I do like the idea of a stronger-than-pepper-spray pepper spray, though.

"Yes, yes. To crazylegs you listen. The cave. Remember your failure at the cave!"

EDIT:
                          Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Also some outdoors stores (Though admittedly not in your area) carry things like that as bear repellant.
                          ...And a couple-hundred-pound asthmatic rabbit-bear would probably be repelled by bear repellent even more effectively. Broomjockey's stuff gets my vote. The badder the better, in my opinion.
                          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                            Try a gun store.
                            Great idea.

Now, when you live on a small tropical island that has no gun stores, where would you go about finding pepper spray type stuff?

Still A Customer."

Comment

http://www.weaponmasters.com
                              They have plenty of interesting, uh, "stuff". Also, though they have restrictions on where they ship certain items (i.e: they won't ship to places where it is illegal to own things/things require a license, generally speaking).

EDIT: Look in their "self defense items" section. Duh.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Great idea.

Now, when you live on a small tropical island that has no gun stores, where would you go about finding pepper spray type stuff?
                                Off the island? Interwebs?
                                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                                X