Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought they did away with the rep requirements for mounts, or is it only the basic mounts and not the high-end ones?

It kind of annoyed me since on my main server, I took my gnome mage to Stormwind to do all the quests there, in order to get a horse instead of the chickens well before that happened. It doesn't matter too much at this point, since I haven't gotten him to 30 yet...

For the record, I Created a DK on NHagrand, but since the group seems to be lacking in other classes, I'll work on a mage, but it'll take forever to level him to any reasonable level... I'll keep the DK and grind tailoring in order to keep the mage in armor and bags. On the alliance side, it only takes a couple of runs though deadmines and stockades to bring the skill up pretty fast.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• It not exclusively exalted rep anymore like it used to be. There's only 4 mounts I know that are rep based:

Ice Mammoth - Sons of Hordir - revered
      Grand Ice Mammoth - Sons of hordir - exalted
      Red dragon - Wyrmrest Accord - exalted
      Mekgineers Chopper/Mechano-hog - Valiance Expedition/Horde Expedition -- Exalted for the recipe.

The proto drakes (the new flying mounts) are for the most part from multi-par achievements with the exception of the bronze, which requires you to run an instance and beat the bonus boss in 25 minutes. A guild member tried for it today but it glitched and they failed to do it.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

• Interesting. Maybe some day I'll be in a position to try.

On a related note (and while you're willing to answer question), any DK's here gotten their flying mount yet? My original DK on my main server has made 70 but hasn't gotten the money to actually purchase said mount. The question I have is, the requirements for the beast along with the gold is a certain level of riding ability. Where do you acquire the skill training? I've seen trainers in Stormwind (my guild is all alliance) but they require a high-level rep, so it's out at the moment. Do I actually need to grind rep to get my next mount?

I've not been able to find any clues as to an alternative.

Eric the Grey

Comment

• There'll be a flying trainer somewhere...no idea where the Alliance one is, the Horde one is in Shadowmoon Village, and there is also a cross-faction one in Dalaran. The latter is probably the easiest to get to if you can get ported out there (or even easier, once you hit 71 get somebody to queue you for a battleground, then /afk out...you will land in Dal).
          man...nature...technology
          mensch...natur...technik

Comment

• Quoth ibor132 View Post
            There'll be a flying trainer somewhere...no idea where the Alliance one is, the Horde one is in Shadowmoon Village, and there is also a cross-faction one in Dalaran. The latter is probably the easiest to get to if you can get ported out there (or even easier, once you hit 71 get somebody to queue you for a battleground, then /afk out...you will land in Dal).
            Sweet, thanks. I'm almost there (only about 300 gold to farm or otherwise gather). I'll probably be 71 or 72 before I get it.

Eric the Grey

Comment

• To train for the flying mount there's one in Shadowmoon Valley for alliance and horde as well as one in Dalaran. The DK mount itself is from a trainer in Ebon Hold for nearly 1k gold.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

• Quoth lordlundar View Post
                To train for the flying mount there's one in Shadowmoon Valley for alliance and horde as well as one in Dalaran. The DK mount itself is from a trainer in Ebon Hold for nearly 1k gold.
                I never actually made it very far into Shadowmoon valley. I guess I'll have to make a trip out there now. I did some questing in Terrokkar but went from there to Northrend.

Note: My DK is the only post-62 level character I've ever had. My first and only 60 (or anything beyond 42 for that matter) was a Troll Hunter. Hmmmm, maybe I should just move him over to Nagrand....

Eric the Grey

Comment

• Does anyone else plan on playing on the server with Glen(Kagato) and me? I BORED!
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• Quoth technical.angel View Post
                    Does anyone else plan on playing on the server with Glen(Kagato) and me? I BORED!
                    Waiting on Aion. =p

beta is open again tomorrow, yay~

Comment

• Glen and I are contemplating on letting Brain Bleach die.

I've been trying to rez it, but not many people want to join an empty guild. So, if I take the guild over, and turn it back to a social guild, with no pressure to level or whatnot, is anyone willing to come back?

Comment

• Absolutely. I just simply wasn't able to find enough hours in the day to keep the pace Sarlon wanted as a raid guild.
                        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

• Well, I'll start poking my head in over in Nagrand more often. I'm at a point where I'm bored with the area, and need to move on, but afraid to.

I have a character or two over on Silverhand. I'm learning some ideas from the guild that picked me up there.

Comment

• Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            Waiting on Aion. =p

beta is open again tomorrow, yay~
                            i preordered....

any idea if euro and us are going to be allowed to play on the same servers?
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• I'm online with either Thelesis or Demetris, if anyone wants an invite... Oceanic server, Nagrand, Horde side.

Comment

• I'm up for recreating and rejoining if its JUST a social guild who also HELPS each other with instances when they need it.
                                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X