This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shpepper View Post
    The tall scary redhead is how they used to describe me...
    What in the flying hell is scary about a tall redhead?

Quoth Shpepper View Post
    We are the home of Utilikilts.
    The funny thing is, I am friends with a couple that actually sell Utilikilts. They've been trying to get me in one for years.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

hmmm...

Physically:
      nice average build
      grey/smoky blue/green eyes
      a nice tushie...something I can grab on to!
      short hair
      I'm not a fan of piercings or lots of visible tattoos. Or redheads.
      Must spend less time primping than me

Non-physically:
      fantastically odd sense of humor
      Geeky (but not "owns 500 Star Wars figures and lives in Mom's basement" geeky)
      Willingness to be amused by the amazing quirkyness that is ME
      Be able to get into other cultures (watching foreign films*, listening to music that's not in English)
      Like to sit around and watch movies (I run around enough during the week, when I have down time, I like to be lazy)
      Must. Appreciate. Theatre.

*My first date with BT, we watched Delicatessan (Jeunet/Caro - it's AMAZING) He does still tease me a little for picking that movie - 'who picks a dark comedy about cannibalism for a first date movie?'
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        The funny thing is, I am friends with a couple that actually sell Utilikilts. They've been trying to get me in one for years.
        Mmmmmmmm, kilts...forgot to put that on my list. One of the best parts about the Scottish Festival and RenFair!
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
          hmmm...

Physically:
          nice average build
          Shoot. So close. I fail on these two points. I'm both near-freakishly tall, and... solidly built, lets say. Or squishy, to be more accurate. And I've got brown eyes that sometimes look greenish in the right lighting.

For the others, I enjoy French movies quite a bit, after seeing Amelie, and there was a Russian film I really liked, so I'm open to pretty much anything. I spend about 15 minutes getting ready in the mornings, from bed to door. 20 if I have breakfast. I think I've established my geek/nerd cred on this board already And I do like theatre. Just not going alone, and none of my friends particularly like it, so I never get to go
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

hmmm...

Physically:
            nice average build
            a nice tushie...something I can grab on to!
            short hair
            I'm not a fan of piercings or lots of visible tattoos. Or redheads.
            Must spend less time primping than me

Non-physically:
            fantastically odd sense of humor
            Geeky (but not "owns 500 Star Wars figures and lives in Mom's basement" geeky)
            Willingness to be amused by the amazing quirkyness that is ME
            Be able to get into other cultures (watching foreign films*, listening to music that's not in English)
            Like to sit around and watch movies (I run around enough during the week, when I have down time, I like to be lazy)
            Must. Appreciate. Theatre.
            I fit everything on that list except short hair, especially the last 3 on non-physical.

Although until I finish studying I live at home, but it's not in the basement.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Someone who can talk about old movies and know what they are talking about.
              Slightly effeminate, skinny guys
              Kryptonite.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                You haven't met us.

I believe I mentioned in the Truths/Lies thread that my husband's nicknames for me have included Cobra and Stiletto.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I try not to be scary, well ok not really , it makes things more fun.

Actually it's just a no nonsense attitude that most people think makes me scary. Plus since I'm definately not the cute little perky giggly type, they had to come up with something. I'm always the one that everyone calls over when there's a problem.

So I do have to add to my list:
                  Is not intimidated by me.

You might just have to try one sometime. Just curiosity is it that you 've tried a kilt and didn't like it or you just don't ever want to wear one? It's all good either way.

*My first date with BT, we watched Delicatessan (Jeunet/Caro - it's AMAZING) He does still tease me a little for picking that movie - 'who picks a dark comedy about cannibalism for a first date movie?'
                  ME! ! ! I love that movie and their other one. City of Lost Children. Both fantastic movies and so different in character. Ones a visual frenzy ( City) the other is as SS said a wonderfuly dark comedy.
                  Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-18-2009, 08:33 PM. Reason: consecutive posts

Comment

Blue eyes
                    British, Irish, Scottish or Australian accents *drool*
                    Long, slender fingers
                    Scruffy 10 o'clock shadow
                    Tall, dark and handsome
                    loves animals
                    a good, slightly off-kilter sense of humor
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Shoot. So close.
                      Physical attributes are rarely/never dealbreakers with me. BT is just a bit shorter than me (and I'm 5'4"). I've dated tall and skinny, short and squishy. Don't make a bit of difference, to be honest. Actually, I prefer squishy to skinny - because I am rather squishy!

I would offer to go with you to the theatre, but I'd need a passport first! I'm not a fan of going by myself either, but I can. I started going to movies by myself last summer, and it took a couple of times before I really enjoyed it because I was so paranoid "Oh noes, I'm at the movies by myself, will people think I'm a loser?"
                      Last edited by AdminAssistant; 02-18-2009, 10:20 PM.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Physical attributes are rarely/never dealbreakers with me.
                        Then we've just got this pesky "distance" thing between us, eh?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          and there was a Russian film I really liked,
                          Was it a Tarkovsky film? Because Tarkovsky's pretty awesome.
                          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

While I might initially be smitten by a pair of nice eyes or strong hands, I generally find that I become more attracted to a person the more I know about them. The smarter someone is, the more good-looking they become to me.

As far as weaknesses, though?
                            - Gray eyes
                            - Smart-ass sense of humour (oh, God, I love dry wit)
                            - Willingness to try new things (especially if they're cooked by me and look more than a little dubious)
                            - A smug grin
                            - Strong hands
                            - Tolerance
                            - A love of cheesy horror movies/splatterflicks

The last one is especially important. In my late teens, I ended a very promising/intense relationship with a guy when I found out he was more than a little homophobic and hostile towards different religions.

Also, it's pretty important that they know what to do in the event of a zombie outbreak, because baby, I am prepared for EVERYTHING.
                            Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                              Was it a Tarkovsky film? Because Tarkovsky's pretty awesome.
                              I've no idea. I just remember the name. Russian Ark. It was all in Russian, no subtitles, so I don't know what it was about. But it was very interesting. Filmed in one take, in one shot. The whole length. I enjoyed just the feel of it so much I've deliberately avoided finding out anything about it. The story in my head's a nice ever-shifting thing.

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post
                                While I might initially be smitten by a pair of nice eyes or strong hands, I generally find that I become more attracted to a person the more I know about them. The smarter someone is, the more good-looking they become to me.

As far as weaknesses, though?
                                - Gray eyes
                                - Smart-ass sense of humour (oh, God, I love dry wit)
                                - Willingness to try new things (especially if they're cooked by me and look more than a little dubious)
                                - A smug grin
                                - Strong hands
                                - Tolerance
                                - A love of cheesy horror movies/splatterflicks

The last one is especially important. In my late teens, I ended a very promising/intense relationship with a guy when I found out he was more than a little homophobic and hostile towards different religions.

Also, it's pretty important that they know what to do in the event of a zombie outbreak, because baby, I am prepared for EVERYTHING.
                                Hmm, let's see

- Nope Brown eyes
                                -Well, I am English so... :P
                                - As a former chef I'm encountered plenty of dubious foods, including a sweet and sour sauce that WILL know you on your ass, quite literally.
                                - I don't grin too much, smirk maybe.
                                - Rather strong hands
                                - I'm so tolerant I'm pretty much if it isn't against the law or hurting anyone involved, go for it.
                                - Yep, I love those, the more over the top and cheesy the better (You seen Feast?)

And I have a rather good place that is good for zombie invasions, one way in through the ground floor easily barricaded if need be, my flat is upstairs, so one way in and if that is breached, two ways out, albeit up a storey but easy enough to hang and drop
                                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                                X