Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As if I didn't have enough of a problem with books...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Interesting. I'd have thought that publishers would have given the author a copy or two of their own work. (Unless I missed something).

Maybe just one of those changing times things - shrug.

Rapscallion
    Authors usually do get about ten free copies to distribute to friends and family. In most cases, when the Library receives a free book in the mail we know that this thing comes from a vanity publisher. The letter that says, "Your Library has been chosen to receive this wonderful work." is an almost dead give-away that the book isn't worth cataloging. Everybody has a copy and nobody wants it.

We've received nicely produced books about Ancient Egyptian Yoga that have no value whatsoever. Those go right into the shredder with a note of thanks to the sender.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
      We've received nicely produced books about Ancient Egyptian Yoga that have no value whatsoever. Those go right into the shredder with a note of thanks to the sender.
      I've been looking for one of those!

Rapscallion

Comment

Sigh There was a half price books in walking distance from where I used to live. I miss it lots. There's not a decent used bookstore where I live now so I have to either buy them new or order from the internet.

Comment

Working...
        X