Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else playing April Fools jokes on anyone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else playing April Fools jokes on anyone?

I've been going up to people at work at letting them know that I've given my 2 weeks notice. :-)
    The responses have been gratifying. hehehe
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

I'm hoping NOT to have one played on me today! I've got an interview... 0.o

Comment

I moderate an online community for discussions of gender equality.

Here it is today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Equality

As you can see, it's a little less equal than usual
      My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

My chosen Warhammer 40K site has changed the default background to pink, instead of white and blue... they are also pretending that the site is to be slowly phased into a fishing forum...

It's priceless, and little 'ol me got promoted too late to get in on it
        I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Suffice to say, my sister is going to hate me by the time she goes to sleep.

Blizzard kicked in their forum joke now. Every post is now modified in a novel form. And on their main page is the new "dance battle system"

A torrent site I go to also made a modification to their text.
          Last edited by lordlundar; 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

woke the bf's kids up at midnight telling them it was time to go to school. be believed me till they tried to tun on the cartoons and noticed the time.

They had been telling me all week that i could never get them
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

There's only 1 April Fool's Day prank I wanted to pull today, since I'm stuck at work. My evil plan was as follows:
              1. Leave LED Open sign OFF.
              2. Leave manually-flipped Open/Closed shingle displaying "CLOSED will return at 10:00 AM"
              3. Print out note on bright yellow paper reading "Due to an emergency, our store will be CLOSED on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009. Apologies for any inconvenience.", tape note to door.
              4. Leave lights OFF.
              5. Unlock door.
              6. Sit in area of store where customers can't see me, wait for them to come up to the store, and see what they do!
              Sadly, as brilliant as my plan is, I haven't done it and won't do it.

Why, you ask?

Well, it's really very simple. Several years ago, I was watching a news program, and they did a little story about how behavioral researchers did a study of customer behavior when a customer is approaching and entering a place of business. What they found was quite astonishing.

Thanks to the use of a revolutionary camera system, that focused the camera right where the customer's eyes were looking, they discovered something that very observant retailers already knew to be the case: when a customer is approaching your store, no matter what time of day or night it is, their mind subconsciously forms a sort of tunnel vision, and locks their gaze on one thing, and one thing only: The handle of the door, which they will be grabbing in a moment to enter your establishment! This is quite LITERALLY the ONLY thing their mind is seeing as they approach your store! And, when questioned about it, they didn't even realize they had been doing it, because this behavior operates at the subconscious level!

Unless the customer is smarter and/or much more observant than the usual twit on the street, they will completely IGNORE any and all signs that you are closed, including, but not limited to, such signs as the lights being OFF and the sign in the window reading "CLOSED"! This is why you can be in your store, say, 15 minutes after the posted closing time, door locked, sign flipped around reading "CLOSED!", etc., etc., finishing up your closing duties, and some complete and total ASSHAT will come marching right up to the door, yank on the door handle, get this confused look on his face, then try the other door handle (assuming you have double doors), look even more confused, press his hands up to the sides of his head, press said hands against the glass, look back and forth for signs of life, and upon spotting an employee, will then BANG on the glass, jump up and down, wave, scream for attention, etc. And all BEFORE he EVER notices the sign, usually hung at eye level, right in his face, that reads CLOSED!

So, yeah, customers being the unobservant, stupid ignorant twats that they are, I gave up on the idea of pulling that particular prank. It would be completely lost on these cretins.

In the immortal words of Randall Graves... "I always said this job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers!"
              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                They had been telling me all week that i could never get them
                And doesn't that make it all the sweeter?

I have a part time early morning job. We do quantity work - XX pieces depending on the day. Occasionally this number goes up from demand. So my CW trick was a no brainer - tell him that our number for the day is up. WAY up. 120 pieces, or about 3 extra hours.

Unfortunately, his mother lives April Fools like others do Halloween or Christmas, so he is extra wary. (He caught her saran wrapping his truck doors at 5 am. )

Had our site supervisor write up a note for the extra work, and the immediate supervisor "rush" us verbally every once in a while. Had him do extra prep work which would be totally unnecessary if the higher count weren't real. Laid out the work load so that the extra was at the end of the day.

He didn't catch me until just before clean up. I finally turned to him as I was taking away the containers for the extra product and told him thanks for playing along, I knew he had figured it out. (Since he never questioned whether it was an April Fool's Joke, I thought he knew right away and was stringing me.) He said he'd caught on about ten minutes previous! Got him cold.

Comment

In a game I play, I own a team that other players have their players on. I just posted on our team forum that I'm selling the team back for money.
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Thus far, no pranks have been pulled on me. Then again, I haven't left the house to go to work yet.

I am, however, waiting for the inevitable "(insert poster here) has died" "prank" to show up on a message board somewhere. That one NEVER goes over well, but idiots still pull it.
                    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I've not done anything myself. I can never think of anything worth the effort. *Meh*

However, the GM of our D&D game however, has a bunch of people with trucks coming over to help his roommate move today....

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I was encouraged to call my boss and tell her that I won't be coming in today because my car won't start and I can't find another ride.

Would have been funny for 2 reasons:
                        1. I live 35 seconds from work. She knows this.
                        2. I don't work today.

ETA: I popped in at work (we have a great sale on Pepsi right now) and she was still there. I told her about what I was going to do. She thought about it for a minute, then laughed.

Then she got me back. Just as I was about to walk out the door, she paged me to check.

I should have done it; I was wearing my "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me!" shirt.
                        Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 04-02-2009, 05:44 AM.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I always thoroughly enjoy my school's newspaper for April Fools Day. Two years ago was the first time they did something. They wrote about how Bruce Willis was going to make a movie on campus, but they needed to take down two of the dorms to do it. The majority of the school thought it was true. As a result, they are forced to put April Fools Edition on it now each year.

This years edition:
                          Upside down articles/Front page is on the back, back page on the front.

Article Titles:
                          Economy A-OK!
                          Pennsylvania Ponders Legalizing Medical Marijuana
                          Campus Starbucks to close due to poor economy
                          Students discover parallel between dorms and prison cells (haven't read it yet so I'm not sure if it's a joke article or not) (Not a joke)
                          Last edited by Greenday; 04-01-2009, 08:33 PM.
                          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

So far I've had no pranks pulled on me, and haven't pulled any on anyone... I think I may try to get Sir though.... but how to do it?

Comment

Ooh, I forgot. My friend at 12:30 am said she just got back from the hospital with her leg in a cast because she fell going up the steps to her apartment. Fooled many people.

Later today we were at this thing for "Diversity Day" which involved free food. She texted one of our teachers to tell him and he sent one backing saying, "Yea right!" Ouch, no food for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X