Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else playing April Fools jokes on anyone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    Somebody managed to get a rude word into my local white pages. I count it as an april fools joke because most people found out about it on April First. Via text message that said "grab your current edition of the White Pages, turn to page 977 and read the seventh name down in the middle column". I'm thinking the text originated with whoever set it up and disseminated from there. That one took at least 9 months to set up.
    I have to admit, That one impressed me.

So, I just did a couple minor pranks on my sister this year. The first one I did was short, simple, and sure to drive her nuts: I disabled her wireless network card in her computer so she couldn't surf the net. She calls me into her room and the following ensued:

Sis: I can't get onto the internet.
    Me: I know.
    Sis: How come? I'm not even getting a connection.
    Me: Could be because I disabled your network card.
    Sis: Why would you do that?
    Me: Check today's date.
    Sis: ****! You jerk!
    Me:

Yes, I Re-enabled it.

Of course, I wasn't done with her yet. I also pulled out the A/V plugs on her DVD player. That one she didn't find out about until later. I get a knock on my room door.

Sis: Did you do something to my DVD Player too?
    Me: Of course.
    Sis: Go fix it now.

As I'm doing it she rants and says she's going to install a deadbolt on her door to stop me from doing this again, getting calmed down by being told it's only once a year (HA! yeah right. Like I need the excuse) then brought up saying what else did I do? Max out the TV volume? (I didn't, but I should have)
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I neither pulled nor was the victim of any pranks this year.

Yay me.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One year, as we we nodding off at the end of "the day", I told my wife that I'd used the Easter Egg dyes and colored my pecker green...

Lights On!

She's frantically trying to get the covers down to check...

AF!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Things have been really crazy at work, so I didn't have time to prank anyone... except my wife.

A few years ago, in late October, when I was mowing the lawn for the last time of the year, I found a rather large garter snake in the yard. My son told me he saw it again just a couple weeks ago, or one of its descendents, so naturally my wife was on edge about it. She even expressed concern that it was going to find its way into the house somehow.

When I got home from work yesterday, I took my dinner downstairs and got on the computer, as I usually do. In my best panicked, voice, I yelled out, "Holy fucking shit!!!"

She called down the steps and asked what was wrong.

"That snake is in here! I don't know how it got in, but it's in here!'

"Oh my God, are you serious?!!! Oh wait... You jerk! I almost dropped my plate when you said that!"
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            I neither pulled nor was the victim of any pranks this year.
            Coward.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Coward.
              Not that so much as no one at work has a sense of humor like my former coworkers have.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Little late to this party...only prank I pulled this year was a collaborative minor prank on the senior rep of our team. Real cool guy (his birthday was yesterday and we got the entire floor to sing him a happy b-day)...but April Fools being what it is, a co-worker and I decided to give him an amusing morning.

In about 10 minutes of effort, we'd reversed the writing on his whiteboard and turned papers, posters, and electronics so that they were facing their respective walls rather than their owner. Apparently it took him a minute or two to realize exactly what had happened--as in, he knew something was wrong since his computer monitor was facing the wall, but couldn't pinpoint what had happened to the rest of his workspace--though afterwards he thought it was funny enough that he's left our backwards "Happy April Fool's Day!" on his whiteboard.

I, for my part, haven't attracted enough attention to get any pranks pulled on me. I'm not holding my breath for next year though
                Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                --Unknown

Comment

One guy at work sent out an all-work email about how the cleaners were going to use strong chemicals on the only stairs to the office, so we shouldn't use it for that hour.

Many people fell for it, which he was chuffed about. However, he wouldn't be that impressed if he realised that we fell for it because it's the sort of stupid thing he'd do.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                  X