Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but I think fog horns and beach balls are very tacky. Ditto writing funny messages on your mortarboard and decorating it with pink fuzzies. Actually, especially fog horns, since if you keep blowing the damn thing, it might drown out the name of another graduate and spoil their special evening. To me, a graduation ceremony is a solemn, yet celebratory occasion -pomp and circumstance and that whole bit. Wanna get wild and crazy and toss beach balls around and blow fog horns? Do it at an after-party.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      One of the kids' family had one and a fog horn during my ceremony (this was almost 7 years ago).
      Oh, it was the graduates who had the beach balls. (Not me, I wasn't that "cool"...)

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      Sorry, but I think fog horns and beach balls are very tacky. Ditto writing funny messages on your mortarboard and decorating it with pink fuzzies.
      Well, it was high school graduation. 16 years ago () Fog horns would piss me off. Never saw that. I didn't decorate my cap (for HS or college) but some of my friends did.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've told you this already, but I'll say it again here -- I'm so proud of you! Congrats!

You look beautiful and so happy. You done good, sweetie. You done good.
        I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

congrats!

my school colors were blue and white (still are in college..wtf)
          girls wore white , boys wore blue, idk what the honors students wore...maybe black. idk i wasn't one of the smart ones

i cant remember if anyone even cheered for me, i guess my family did, but the whole moment was surreal. i think they pronounced my name right..(for once)

i miss it some times...some.

Comment

I have more!

I have the ones from my mom and her best friend.

First one: Walking towards the teacher tunnel.

Second: Just me

Third: My munchkin and me

Fourth: walking in

Fifth: me again
            Attached Files
            Last edited by McGoddess09; 05-25-2009, 02:32 AM.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

More! Wooo!

First: before the ceremony

Second: I has diploma!

Third: Bonus Prom picture
              Attached Files
              Last edited by McGoddess09; 05-25-2009, 02:33 AM.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Super congrats girlie
                "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I have to say, from your unflattering description of your mother's attitude, I didn't expect her to look so....human. I kept looking for the horns and tail.

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                  fourth: my aunt and me. This is the aunt who has breast cancer and has helped me alot with my college stuff.
                  Your aunt is a HAWTTIE!

What? What? Just saying!

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  Sorry, but I think fog horns and beach balls are very tacky.
                  You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but for a lot of people, graduation is a celebration, and that is how they show it. Myself, I never did any of that stuff, but I had nothing against those who did.

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                  my school colors were blue and white
                  School colors. Heh. Oh, I am so glad I did not go to my one cousin's high school Their colors were green and yellow. Blech!

My first high school's colors were blue and white.
                  My second high school's colors were maroon and white.
                  My third (and final) high school's colors were red and blue. My cap and gown were blue (which happens to be my favorite color). I am pretty sure I still have them, almost definitely in my storage unit back in AZ.

My university's colors are maroon and gold (GO SUN DEVILS!), but I did not actually graduate. (Still seven classes short, but never going back!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Omg Jester!

My aunt is really pretty, I must say. She's the coolest, most laidback person I ever met and she has been the one who immersed herself the most in my education and she's not even my biological aunt!

ETA: There was one fog horn there and lots of cheering. The names after that person were called when it settled down,since we were small enough to still get done early enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X