This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My appeal was accepted!!!!

I posted this thread regarding my financial aid situation for the next leg of my educational journey.

I am very happy to share that my financial assistance has been reinstated - for the fall semester - with conditions.

The school agreed to release my aid for the fall and leave the hold on my spring aid. If I complete 75% of my credit hours with a 2.0 GPA or better...they will release my spring monies to me.

Basically, I am enrolled for 14 credit hours - I have to finish at least 11 of those credit hours with a "D" or better.

Not as if I wasn't going to do so before all this - but I am going to work my ass off to prove myself! I am just sooooooo grateful to be given this chance that I will do my best to not disappoint!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to college.....again.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

CongaRats!

That is awesome!

Comment

Yay!

Now do us proud and get at least B's on those credits!!!!

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I am so happy for you. I understand how frustrating financial aid can be. It's encouraging to see a happy result.

Comment

Congratulations. I remember having to appeal my financial aid being put on hold, but in my case it wasn't completely my fault.

I had dropped a class prior to the add-drop date, and the paperwork was not filed properly or something, causing me to have a Fail on my record. I had my copy of the drop slip so I had proof, and admissions took it off, but financial aid didn't. When the following fall came along, that combined with a D in a spring class caused me to show as ineligible for aid.

It took me until the following spring to get it squared away, and it took me going to the Dean and getting her on the woman's ass to get me my money. Up until that point I had to borrow money from my Dad to pay for my classes and my books.

Glad you got yours straightened out.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations!

I'll bet that's a big relief. Now, we expect to see good things on your report card!

Comment

Successful appeal. A 'D' average is not a problem is it? Yes, I'm being facetious there.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

C average? No sweat! You're smarter than that.
                  "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Great ! Im glad it all worked out for you.

Comment

Good job! I'm glad you didn't give up!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X