Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those with more alcohol knowledge than I have!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my friends made a drink called a Shanoby. It's Amaretto,Southern Comfort, and pineapple juice mixed together. If done right, you will only taste the pineapple, which is dangerous.

There is also Jungle Juice which is a mixture of all alcohol you can get (Everclear is usually the main alcohol) and have fruit soak in it for 24 hours. Done correctly, you will only taste the fruit. Also very dangerous.

I will drink just about anything. I'm not a big fan of beer, but I like Rolling Rock. I will not touch the Dimitri Vodka with a 100 foot pole. That is the ONLY alcohol that ever made me sick.

Also, mead is an amazing wine, especially Oregon made mead. I recommend it for you, OP, because it is sweet.

Don't lecture me about underage drinking please. I don't drink often and I'm usually good about my limits. Made a few mistakes before, but I learned very quickly and I never drink and drive.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post

Also, mead is an amazing wine, especially Oregon made mead. I recommend it for you, OP, because it is sweet.

Don't lecture me about underage drinking please. I don't drink often and I'm usually good about my limits. Made a few mistakes before, but I learned very quickly and I never drink and drive.
      I wasn't going to lecture you about underage drinking McGoddess...just as long as people drink safely while underage.

And as for mead, funny you should mention that....I got talking with a friend of a friend of mine (who is very cute actually ) and he mentioned he loves mead...
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Seriously? What kind of fucked up bartender/server was that? It's one thing to make an honest mistake ("I'm sorry, for some reason I thought you wanted it frozen."), but to change the customer's order because they're a chick? Stoooo-pid! Not to mention bad, BAD service.
        I don't remember where it was, but I think it has something to do with a certain macho mindset around here. And certain women have had said mindset ingrained in them, too.

Come to think of it, I've gotten a couple of "really?" looks when I order a Guinness. Wonder what they'd do if I ordered a scotch neat?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Come to think of it, I've gotten a couple of "really?" looks when I order a Guinness. Wonder what they'd do if I ordered a scotch neat?
          Their heads would explode.

So do it. I command thee.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Fireheart, make sure it's the honey mead, not the spiced mead, unless you're prepared to heat it up, the only mead you can get around here is Maxwells, swing by a Dan Murphys (the only place that I know sells it) and grab a bottle, it's about $14-$16
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo
              as for drinks, personal favorite
              Bushwhacked:
              makes 1 pitcher/jug
              2 cups Vodka
              1 cup amaretto
              1 cup rum
              1 cup baileys
              1 cup kahlua
              blend with ice.

Tastes like a milkshake but around 34% alcohol.
              And just what sort of milkshakes do you drink??? Cos it don't sound anything like my Vanilla or spearmints ones!

Mead... Ah yes!! Maxwell's is, well, crap! 'Spiced' isn't an issue - if it's done right!
              There's meadery in WA - Bartholemew's... mmmmmmmm.......I bought a 5pack and had it shipped over (Melbourne). Costs are about $20-$22/ bottle. Their 'dry' is still like a sweet white wine (as you'd expect.. it's made from fermented honey!!! ). Their sweet.. welllllll...... and they also do spiced, and Metheglin... mead with other stuff in it (do a wiki to get an idea on meads from the world). I've tried a few (the others where when I was in England.. I bought a few bottles... damn, one leaked on the plane back home )

If you like sweet - you'll LOVE mead!

So, if you do try Maxwells, just be aware that they aren't too good, and don't judge all meads on theirs.

(oh, there are also 2 other 'meaderies' in Oz, one in Tassie - but they also do beer which is their main, and I forget the other one... if you really want - search )
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
                Fireheart, make sure it's the honey mead, not the spiced mead, unless you're prepared to heat it up, the only mead you can get around here is Maxwells, swing by a Dan Murphys (the only place that I know sells it) and grab a bottle, it's about $14-$16
                Wait. There's different meads? I always thought it was just honey.
                Learn something new everyday.
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                  Mead... Ah yes!! Maxwell's is, well, crap! 'Spiced' isn't an issue - if it's done right!

If you like sweet - you'll LOVE mead!

So, if you do try Maxwells, just be aware that they aren't too good, and don't judge all meads on theirs.
                  Hey, Maxwells isn't too bad, plus it's the only one that they have around in S.A. that I've been able to find, one that they do do that I've been told is really good is a fortified mead, kind of like a mead port, but that I think you can only get from the winery itself.

As for the spiced one, it's quite good if you add some of your own spices and such as well, had a fair bit of mead at the medieval fair this year, I was surprised how mead sneaks up on you when drinking it.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Also look for Tej - It's Ethiopian/Egyptian Honey Wine. A totally different experience.

In the US, there's an organic one from California - Honey Run.

There's also Italian Lambrusco Dolce, Fragolino (both sparkling), and Cagnina di Romana. All sweet, light, and fairly tasty, depending on the label. Rosa Regale tastes like chemicals. Medici Ermete is pretty good.

Comment

Ok, I'll make it super easy... different types of Mead.

Again, Maxwell's, compared to others out there is crap. Sure, it's easy to get (bottloes can get it fairly easily), but that doesn't make it better... Nyoibo.. if you like your mead, order some from elsewhere (eg, the link I gave). If you really want to splurge, get some sent to you from the UK There's a 'boutique' bottle shop near where I work.. I think I saw a couple of other brands in there.. I'll try and get myself over and take a look sometime!
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                        Wait. There's different meads? I always thought it was just honey.
                        There's different meads like there's different wines.

The best mead you'll likely find is one that can't be bought; home brewed by some afficianado. I used to get sips of some amazing meads back when I was still a Rennie.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Andara, you are making me drool.

I do,however do not believe that any other mead is better than Oregon made. You're going to have to prove it to me You know, for...educational purposes.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                            just as long as people drink safely while underage.
                            Once you hit legal age though...

...still drink safely! Don't become like my uncle who had to give up all spirits due to liver damage.

Comment

Working...
                            X