This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post

So, what do you folks think? Was it an inappropriate and badly timed comment, or was it actually far worse, potentially traumatic enough to cause lifelong emotional scars and such? I do not view this as a "who's right?" type question, more what do you guys think?
    It is inappropriate and she should never have said that but don't forget that Nurse Betty is in protective mode after everything that happened and comments like that are going to bring down her wrath on whoever says them. Maybe after some time has passed she'll agree it wasn't as bad as what PA did maybe not. Right now it's best to make sure that it can't happen again and that C is okay.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Hmmm... I dunno!

NB I think has it close to right. Certainly, that is exactly how an abuse cycle is likely to be implemented - a person gets taught that such things are their own fault.. So I'd say G'Kar has it right there.. the bruise and the choking will fade into memory, but the 'realisation' that it was her fault, and that she brought it upon herself and deserved it.. the mind has a way of making that true for a person.

Granted, it was a one-off, and PA has been arrested for it, and will suffer some sort of punishment, so hopefully Bubbly will recognise that, regardless of what Miss Priss said, it was a no-no! And that bit of her psyche that is susceptible to such things registers it as such.

I also see both as equally potentially damaging... one short term, the other long term. Which should take precedence?

Best bet with NB... acknowledge that she's got a very good point!
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
        Best bet with NB... acknowledge that she's got a very good point!
        My problem is that I often think--and speak--like a lawyer. I analyze things and give my opinion.

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out too well with an emotional roller coaster of a person like Nurse Betty. She knows I mean well, but at times it drives her completely batty.

Latest news: Psycho Aunt has been offered a standard plea deal, including probation and various required classes, etc. We don't know yet if she has accepted the deal, but either way Nurse Betty is fine with it. The deal is one she feels is fair....and if PA doesn't take it, well, then, she is probably going to spend a lot more time in jail....and NB is really fine with that!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

The latest....

UPDATE:

Nurse Betty was under the belief that Psycho Aunt was still in jail, as neither the prosecutor's office nor the victim's advocate office had told her otherwise in her contacts with them. It turns out, however, that PA did in fact get out of jail early last month. She accepted the plea deal the state offered her, and is doing work for a charity organization that does, in my opinion, fantastic work. She is no longer living with her mother (C's grandmother), having found her own apartment, apparently. And I believe she is attending some sort of therapy/anger management/something similar.

In any case, while NB is a little peeved that she was not informed of PA's release, we both agree that it is a good thing that she is following the terms of her release, has not contacted or attempted to contact NB or C, and is working with said good charity organization. Maybe it will help PA become a better person in the future.

One can only hope.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I won't judge for wanting to or actually beating the shit out of Aunt Psycho. That cunt deserves a ride in the more than anything!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X