This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Aethian View Post
    Why not just order stamps from usps.com and have your carrier deliver them?

I'm in the mood to play with my printer and experiment, and the software came free, so why not? I just might do the address labels on the computer instead of handwriting the addresses too so I don't have to deal with the inevitable writer's cramp.

Ordering stamps and having them delivered is fine well and good, but then I have to hide the damn things to keep my brother out of them. If I have a bunch of stamps around the house, he'll be using them up to send off for all kinds of NASCAR-related subscriptions and whatnot and we won't have any stamps left to, for example, mail out a birthday card or pay a bill . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I can hardly wait to see if Stamps.com will be easier than dealing with the lines at the post office (did I tell anyone here how much I hate crowded places?)
      I go to the one office near(ish) work that's open late...there's never any lines after work
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth Aethian View Post
        Why not just order stamps from usps.com and have your carrier deliver them?
        I don't like/trust our current carrier. I miss our old one. He wants this route back.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I'm already seeing how many cards I have... i have 77 christmas cards from last year ready. I am probably going to need more.

I can't wait. I'm already stickering them all to save me time later. This weekend we get this years' 'gifts' set up.

by the by uh, silly question and I feel embarassed, but i looked through the first page or two for what program I will need for these address labels? my dad will be printing them out for me so I need to make sure he's all set up right.
          Last edited by Horsetuna; 10-14-2009, 06:33 AM.
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

• Can i just ask please, are the tallies going to affect who can sign up next year?

I'm just slightly concerned that it is looking increasingly likely that the Royal mail will be launching strikes shortly and the papers are full of stories about how Christmas deliveries will be massively delayed etc. I know a lot of this is scare-mongering but i don't want to be in a position where cards are being delayed en route to me and people are losing out because of it.

Personally I will probably be posting my cards pretty soon after the list comes out to guarantee delivery in time so apologies in advance for people who get them too early!
            Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

• Quoth Boggles View Post
              Can i just ask please, are the tallies going to affect who can sign up next year?
              Personally I will probably be posting my cards pretty soon after the list comes out to guarantee delivery in time so apologies in advance for people who get them too early!
              Better too early than super late or not at all.

As far as the strikes go, we'll see what happens. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. I was unaware of the situation, Yank that I am, so I appreciate you bringing it up.
              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                by the by uh, silly question and I feel embarassed, but i looked through the first page or two for what program I will need for these address labels? my dad will be printing them out for me so I need to make sure he's all set up right.
                The labels are just a PDF file. He only needs to be able to view and print that, and he's good to go.

Quoth Boggles View Post
                Can i just ask please, are the tallies going to affect who can sign up next year?
                There is nothing in the code that changes who can sign up based on tallies. It's simply a reporting tool, to let people see who sent and who didn't. Next year will see another round of discussion about who sent, who didn't, and who made good faith efforts but got screwed by the local post office.

And don't worry too much about that, as it's pretty obvious when someone doesn't send anything. Trust me, you'll be able to see what I mean by January, when people's numbers are up there, and yet some people have a 0 next to their name as to how many they've sent. You won't be wondering about who signed up just to take advantage. You'll know.

Comment

• Reminder: Only 10 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, protege, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb, MannersMakethMan, Kiwi, Reyneth, BethB, Dips, Mnemjian, East Coast Subs, trailerparkmedic has joined.
                  Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• i'm super excited to make mini packages...is that cool or can i just do cards?

*runs off to find her rolling pin and transparency paper *
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

• Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                      i'm super excited to make mini packages...is that cool or can i just do cards?

*runs off to find her rolling pin and transparency paper *
                      You can do whatever you like...just make sure you budget for the possibility of extra postage.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• This is my first year doing this ^^

I found some REALLY neat cards that I can get a custom message printed inside (don't worry I'll write something personal in my chicken scratch). Rads knows what the cards look like, but all I'll gonna let on is the message I'm having printed inside is "santa's present to the SCs of the world"

Hope you all enjkoy them ^^
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Just a question out of curiosity: How long will the tallies be open in the case of the postal system deciding to send cards on a 3 month world tour or something?
                          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

• Tallies are open until 1/31/10.

This is posted on the sign up site, along with all the other important dates that have been asked about previously.
                            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                              Tallies are open until 1/31/10.
                              Haha that took me a few minutes to figure out (Americans write their dates differently to kiwis)
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                                Jin the case of the postal system deciding to send cards on a 3 month world tour or something
                                It's highly unlikely that every single one of the cards that you send will be misdirected.
                                As Pedersen mentioned, as long as we see that some people are tallying cards from you, we will understand if it ends up being a mail glitch that prevents others from getting your cards in a timely manner.
                                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X