This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Yeah, well, we'll see how the fall goes.... I won't have any vacation time to use by then...
    So you say...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth SteverinoNY View Post
      Thanks Pederson, Raps, and JM
      I just provide the playground. Everyone else provides the skills, expertise, determination, and the community.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have 72 cards that I got after Christmas last year. Plus some random leftovers from previous years.

Quoth SteverinoNY View Post
        WHEEEEEE...ALL SIGNED UP!
        I see you had to lose your exclamation point. That's sad.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I see you had to lose your exclamation point. That's sad.

I almost had to lose the spaces in my name.

"IrvingPatrickFreleigh" doesn't work quite as well for me.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

That just doesn't have quite the same ring to it, Irv. . .but we know who you are and we love you anyways.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Actually, you can thank Evil Queen for the space fix. I had her try it out back in April/May, and she ran into the same problem. That's why it was fixed so easily once I found out the problem.

Unfortunately, I didn't test for that !, so I don't have the fix. I know who to talk to now, and hopefully will have it soon, but can't promise anything as yet.

Comment

I think everybody just appreciates all the work you've put in over the past year, Pedersen.

Even if a fix wasn't possible for either the space or the '!', I think a slight change in the appearance of a username is a small inconvenience when stacked up against all the sweat you've put into this on your own time with no other benefit to you than the satisfaction of having created this program.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  .but we know who you are and we love you anyways.
                  Well, we know who you are, at least ...

I keed, I keed...

Comment

Where would this list be without the spacey?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wooo! Signed up!

Pedersen, love the sign up tool. That touch to release the list fitted for labels is amazing! Can't wait to take advantage of that! Thank you!
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                        Wooo! Signed up!

Pedersen, love the sign up tool. That touch to release the list fitted for labels is amazing! Can't wait to take advantage of that! Thank you!
                        Hey, cool! I missed that part!

Though I kinda like addressing the cards...I'm weird, I guess. I do still have some leftover return address labels, though. I'm sure not enough for everyone, though. I got 'em for a buck a sheet at Michael's last year so I'll have to see if they have more this year.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                          Wooo! Signed up!

Oh ho? How do you do that? I so gotta try that when I'm making out my card. Hand-writing addresses on envelopes gets tiring after a while, plus I make mistakes and have to start over time to time.

Plus it would be a great way to keep track of how many cards I've made up. When the labels are gone, no more cards to write out.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh ho? How do you do that? I so gotta try that when I'm making out my card. Hand-writing addresses on envelopes gets tiring after a while, plus I make mistakes and have to start over time to time.
                            From page 4(?):
                            Quoth Pedersen View Post
                            Something else new is happening with the list this year, AA. And it should help to make life easier, in a big way. The list, as has been noted, is going to be automatically generated. What hasn't been mentioned is that it's going to be sent to you as a PDF, formatted to fit Avery 8160 labels. At the least, addressing envelopes should be much easier this year.

Plus it would be a great way to keep track of how many cards I've made up. When the labels are gone, no more cards to write out.
                            Hey, that's a good point. I might use labels after all...
                            Last edited by Boozy; 09-08-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Woohoo!! I just signed up too! This is going to be fun.
                              "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

From page 4(?):
                                Hey, BookstoreEscapee, do me a favor? Edit your post. I typed the wrong label type in. They're formatted to use Avery 8160 labels, not the other one I said. Had that name stuck on my brain for some reason.

Hey, that's a good point. I might use labels after all...
                                I'm going to use it for the envelopes, at least. Much better to make sure that the cards get there, and don't get lost due to my horrendous handwriting.

Quoth calulu View Post
                                Woohoo!! I just signed up too! This is going to be fun.
                                Woohoo! We've just two pages of labels with that one. 31 people on the list so far

Comment

Working...
                                X