This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pedersen View Post
    Hey, BookstoreEscapee, do me a favor? Edit your post. I typed the wrong label type in. They're formatted to use Avery 8160 labels, not the other one I said. Had that name stuck on my brain for some reason.
    I went ahead and replaced with the correct info. Hope you don't mind, BSE.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

hmm 8160...I think we use those at work for printing labels...wonder if I could misappropriate some company resources...

31 people already. WOW. I think it'll be nice to at least not have to address envelopes. I did it all by hand last year. (don't worry, the notes will still be handwritten )
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
        hmm 8160...I think we use those at work for printing labels...wonder if I could misappropriate some company resources...
        I wouldn't...just lost a good clerk because she misappropriated some stuff from the copier/fax machine.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I wouldn't...just lost a good clerk because she misappropriated some stuff from the copier/fax machine.
          That was sort of a joke. Also, I don't work for a big company. I know my boss and talk to him on a daily basis. I'm sure if he learned that I had used a few sheets of labels he wouldn't even break a sweat. That's assuming I don't ask him first, which if it's a large number of labels, of course I will!

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            I went ahead and replaced with the correct info. Hope you don't mind, BSE.
            What?! How dare you touch my post!!!

Just kiddin'...thanks
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Reminder: Only 38 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead has joined.
              Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

I'm signed up!
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

It keeps telling me that my activation code is invalid.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Okay, check my contact page, and/or use google talk (mjpeder AT gmail DOT com). Get with me on IM, and we can resolve this. Posting more in a sec, in case you don't get this right away.

ETA: Now, possible causes for this issue are pretty minimal. The activation code is 8 characters long, and must be entered exactly as you receive it in the email.

If you are clicking the link, and getting that message, though, there is likely one single cause: Having clicked the signup link multiple times. Only the last activation code sent will be valid. I would recommend deleting any/all codes from your email, and then visiting the signup link once. You should get an email pretty shortly, and then be able to click the link in that email, and be off to the address entry.
                    Last edited by Pedersen; 09-10-2009, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Bella- if I remember correctly, there should be a link in the same email that you can click on to add you directly, without copying and pasting the activation code in. Try again?

EDIT: Oops, Pedersen beat me to it.
                      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Sorry, JAM. Monitoring this thread pretty vigorously. Gotta respond when needed, you know

Comment

Pff, don't mind me. Anyone who wants to make my job easier, I'm at their mercy.

Comment

Probably won't know till closer to the end date if I'll be able to sign up or not. It was fun last year but money's become more of an issue this year.

If nothing else, though, I will still do some Christmas drawings (or things loosely defined as drawings ) for the Art section mocking any favorite Christmas tales we get on the board.

Sucks because I bought a bunch of cards last year, but eh. In wait-and-see mode for now.
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

PLEASE NOTE

I have received several PMs from posters who failed to send their cards out last year, asking that I allow them to join again this year.

The answer to this question, of course, is no. Most non-participators were issued a one year ban, and will be cleared to sign up again for Christmas 2010 if they wish. There were one or two lucky ones who have been issued a permanent ban because they are repeat offenders. (!)

Rules are rules, and I intend to follow them. The ban list has been submitted, and even if I *could* change it at this point, I wouldn't. I hope you all understand, but I have to look out for what's best for those members who do keep their word yearly. A high number of no shows every year is very discouraging to those of us that do follow the rules fully.

For what it's worth, I hate having to crack down and be the Christmas Card Bitch.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                                Probably won't know till closer to the end date if I'll be able to sign up or not. It was fun last year but money's become more of an issue this year.
                                Mysty- I would recommend joining while you're thinking of it, then if needed, opting out before the deadline. Gives a more accurate idea overall of how many people to expect, plus you don't want to forget to join until after the deadline has passed. This year is different, once the sign ups shut down the list will go out automatically and we will be unable to make *any* changes to add or remove people.

I do hope to see your drawings, one way or the other... they were quite a laugh last year!

Comment

Working...
                                X