This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Pepsi

Am I the only one who misses the lemon Pepsi? I know they had a "special promotion" last year for the super bowl, but I wish they had it all the time.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Never saw Lemon Pepsi.

I miss Pepsi Blue though. Also Crystal Pepsi.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Never saw Lemon Pepsi.

I miss Pepsi Blue though. Also Crystal Pepsi.

Me too Broom! I think I was the only one of my group of friends that actually enjoyed Crystal Pepsi. We should start writing to Pepsi and beg them to bring it back!

Comment

My mom said she used to stop by the drugstore for lemon cokes in the early 60s. She'd save her milk money. Grandma didn't know about that.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I miss vanilla pepsi the most. That was my favorite soda in the entire world. Now I can only get it when I go out to eat at Zebb's. Right now it's only available in diet... And I can't stand that.

Comment

Id never heard of lemon pepsi...now lime, they still have. I wasnt a big fan of it. :P

I ALSO miss crystal pepsi! Lets start a support group. Lol.

Comment

I too thought Crystal Pepsi was neat.

Though the soda I miss the most is Kick (The hardcore, psycho, nitro drink...in a can!)
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Maybe I'm nuts, but back when I drank caffeinated beverages, I far preferred a Coke with actual lemon or lime squeezed into it over the preproduced flavored sodas.

And for those who long for vanilla-flavored sodas, you can buy vanilla syrup and add it to your soda. It tastes far better than anything the soda companies produce. (I am not sure where the vanilla syrup would be, but I would think to look near the grenadine, cocktail supplies, or the coffee area.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

That sounds interesing I think I'll try it. Any speciffic brand of vanilla syrup Jester?
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

I don't have a specific brand recommendation, no. But any should do. Every vanilla syrup I have used was at a restaurant I worked at. I do think at one it was made by the same people who made our grenadine. But vanilla syrup is pretty basic stuff....any should be fine.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I miss Cherry Cola, and Blue Pepsi (Yep, we got that, even way over here in NZ )
                      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

For those interested in vanilla syrup, you could probably make your own if you wanted. Simple syrup is just 2 parts sugar to 1 part boiling water (so, say, 2 cups sugar dissolved into 1 cup boiling water, or use any measurements you want as long as there's twice as much sugar as there is water.) Then just split open a couple vanilla beans and let them steep in the syrup to infuse the flavor. Or add vanilla extract if you don't have the beans.

Comment

I'm no expert, but I don't believe that vanilla syrup is simply simple syrup with vanilla flavoring. For one thing, it's not as sweet, for another, it's not as thick. I make simple syrup often at The Bar (we make our own--as was said, it's just sugar and water!), and that stuff gets THICK.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester has the right of it when it comes to vanilla syrups, at least in this case. ()

Vanilla flavored syrup is different than simple syrup, and if you're looking for a good brand, my personal favorite is Torani. I like to play with the flavored syrups in desserts and beverages, and that has proven (to me!) to be the brand that holds up well, doesn't have any weird after taste, and isn't too thick or too thin. I find it in the coffee aisle, usually by the beans because they're considered add ins for coffees. Torani makes ALL sorts of flavors, too.

And I agree with Jester on another point. (This is getting scary... ) It tastes a LOT better to squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice in yourself. Grenadine, I'm not TOO big a fan of (unless it's in a midori sunrise, oddly enough...), but I sometimes like to make my own cherry cola with Diet Rite by dropping a couple teaspoons of maraschino cherry juice into a glass of soda. It's tasty.

Comment

I remember it the first time it came out, back when rocks were soft and I was a kid.

Don't drink sugared sodas, so haven't had it recently.

I like the Torani flavored syrups. You can get them with Splenda, and no sugar or aspartame.

I came up with this the other night. I can't stop drinking them: Glass of diet tonic water over ice. One glug of cherry Torani, one glug of vanilla. AMAZING.

I also drink Diet Rite, Diet Coke, or Diet Pepsi (the kind sweetened with sucralose and potassium asulfame) and add a dollop of Torani syrup if I want some extra flavor...vanilla, caramel, or cherry is always kind of nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X