I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Are you feeling any better, at least?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        Are you feeling any better, at least?
        Yeah, I'm getting there. Still coughing but not bringing up any more yellow crap, no fevers and my ear isn't all clogged.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom

Comment

JIC anyone is wondering how the Pharm companies work out the side effects?

Drugs test happens in people. If those people happen to have any funky things happen (anything at all) the test group report it and the pharma company then puts it down as a side effect.

Should said product then get released and a n other person takes it and something funky happens and they report it to the pharma company said company then includes it on the side effects leaflet.

There is very little proof in some (read most) instances that the drug is actually responsible.

Never read the leaflet for side effects - get someone else to read it who can then keep an eye on you!
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yeah, so I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow.

Still coughing...my ear is still bothering me on and off but I don't know if it's still the infection or just pressure from my stuffy nose. Woke up at 5 this morning from a coughing fit, and had a few bad ones at work today. It's like something tickles my throat and sets it off, and I can't stop.

Amusing: I googled "recovering from pneumonia and can't stop coughing" and the first thing to come up was my other thread on my being sick...

I really hope they don't give me more antibiotics (seeing an actual doc this time; the last two times it was the nurse practitioner). My stomach was hurting by the end of the second course, and I don't want that again.
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-11-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Jeez, how long has this been going on now, 3 weeks? Are all the doctors incompetent up there in NJ or something?

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like you need to be admitted to the hospital and given the REALLY strong antibiotics via IV.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Nope. No more antibiotics. She said the cough can hang around for a few weeks even after the infection is gone because the bronchi(?) and are still irritated. She told me to keep using the cough syrup at night and the inhaler if I need it. Told me to drink fluids and eat honey for my throat and rest.

Comment

Working...
                X