X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    So, he's angry. He's mean.
    That's the thing, he's not. He has a real passion for cooking and respects those who also have that passion. He also has a low tolerance for bullcrap and excuses. Fox just likes to promote him as angry and mean because it gets him ratings. And I swear they like to compound it by setting forth the most incompetent line chefs going on HK and grabbing the restaurants with at least one person that's going to fight with him when it comes to KN.

Please do yourself a favor and watch The F Word. That is the show where you see him at his best.

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    But I have to say, I thought Dave (winner of season 6) was different: his ego always seemed to be under control, he was a steady worker, seemed EAGER to be a steady worker, and worked most of the show with a severely damaged wrist without asking for (or receiving) special treatment. I was very impressed by him, and it'll be interesting to see where his career goes in the future.
    According to this, he left after the games, despite having a one-year contract.

I will credit his skill on the show. His dedication after finding that out, not so much.
    Last edited by lordlundar; 04-19-2010, 03:19 AM.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      Please do yourself a favor and watch The F Word. That is the show where you see him at his best.
      I appreciate that, but no thanks. I really don't watch much TV as it is, and don't have time for any new shows. Now, if I can only convince the SO that, no, I will NOT like Glee, we'll be sorted.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

According to this, he left after the games, despite having a one-year contract.

I will credit his skill on the show. His dedication after finding that out, not so much.
        Drat it all! I was hoping he'd be able to stick it out. That said, I read an article the other day that had an interview with the chef who was his supervisor, and he REALLY did not want any HK contestant to win, so he might have had something to do with it as well.

At least Dave didn't leave them in the lurch during the games. I do hope he goes on to succeed, I was very impressed with him.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
          Now, if I can only convince the SO that, no, I will NOT like Glee, we'll be sorted.
          Woohoo, we agree on that one! I find the writing inconsistent, the characters ridiculously inconsistent, and the whole show at least a little sexist (Rachel is intelligent AND talented, and it's dopey Finn and Will who save the day?? Really??)

But I will admit that I generally like the musical numbers. Which is weird, because I hate musicals.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

LordLundar, I am wondering if you agree with me on this: that two of the best parts of HK are Jean-Phillipe and Chef Scott? I love watching both of them: JP with his wonderful immaculate uptightness, and Chef Scott for the fact that absolutely nothing ruffles him. Though I do miss Chef Maryann, she looked like she would kick the butt of anyone who crossed her.

Comment

I agree on Maryann. But I'm amused that Heather's doing that now. And you can see the solipsistic nature of the contestants in the fact that they've got a HK winner there, and never listen to her.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                I agree on Maryann. But I'm amused that Heather's doing that now. And you can see the solipsistic nature of the contestants in the fact that they've got a HK winner there, and never listen to her.
                I know, seriously! But then, the Sou Chefs may be limited in how much they can actually say to contestants.

I find myself being really intrigued by wondering what happens between the contestants--the good ones, anyway--and Chef Ramsay in the years afterwards. Do they keep in touch? How did Heather end up with her new job? Etc, etc....But I'm just weird like that.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  LordLundar, I am wondering if you agree with me on this: that two of the best parts of HK are Jean-Phillipe and Chef Scott? I love watching both of them: JP with his wonderful immaculate uptightness, and Chef Scott for the fact that absolutely nothing ruffles him. Though I do miss Chef Maryann, she looked like she would kick the butt of anyone who crossed her.
                  Well, Jean-Phillipe is one of the better parts. Not only how he doesn't take crap from customers, but Ramsey as well. Thankfully he is also the Maître d' on The F Word and always has some fun with Ramsey there.

Chef Scott I'm iffy on, mainly because he's mostly in the background until the last few services. Also, I think it's more of a matter that he's paid NOT to react, because that would cut into Ramsey's rage points on the show. It's not to say he never cracks, but it's pretty rare, at least on camera. That said, if I was a restaurateur, I would happily take Scott over any competitor I've seen on that show.
                  I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Well, Jean-Phillipe is one of the better parts. Not only how he doesn't take crap from customers, but Ramsey as well. Thankfully he is also the Maître d' on The F Word and always has some fun with Ramsey there.
                    I thought the Maitre d' on F Word was Jean-Baptiste? I know JB was there for at least the first three seasons of F Word, which are the ones I've seen.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond, I had other things on my plate that had a little more priority.

I do stand corrected. Jean-Baptiste is on The F Word, and Jean-Phillipe is on HK. (Easy to make mistake though, the two could essentially be twins, or the same person with a different name) Though I do stand on my first part about how he doesn't tolerate excuses from anyone, customer or kitchen.

I can't really say what my favorite parts of the show are (I rarely watch it or KN after I saw the original R'sKN and realized just how much Fox butchered Ramsey's image), though I will say that the least favorite parts are the headline parts, aka the lousy "expert" chefs and the poor engineering of the show.
                      I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Yeah, the British version of KN is so much better. Fox is definitely trying to make Ramsay out to be even more of a hardass than he really is - but I think some of it lies with the restaurant owners/chefs. There's a cultural difference between Britain and America that shows.
                        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                        X