Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, lookit the little potbellies!!! The 'red band' puppy has definitely been making multiple trips to the buffet!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Ok, I confess to not being sure where to look for this info: my husband was asking about breed information. He was wondering if the puppies were a cross.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        Aww, lookit the little potbellies!!! The 'red band' puppy has definitely been making multiple trips to the buffet!
        That's Catch (formerly known as Cot). he was the first born and goes back and fourth as the largest one with green Girl.

Quoth Magpie View Post
        Ok, I confess to not being sure where to look for this info: my husband was asking about breed information. He was wondering if the puppies were a cross.
        100% pure real German shepherds - not even any American shepherd (half dog / half frog) crap lines here!
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Thank you . I told him that I doubted it, as they were quite deliberate, but he pointed out that some people do crosses deliberately, so I lost all confidence and had to ask.

Comment

Mother (Kiri):
            http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/494196.html

Father (Wayhn):
            http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/497747.html
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Today's Cute Overload calendar page made me think of you...it was a German Shepherd with her litter of newborn puppies, all sound asleep in a pile. It was titled as

"Just-Borned German Schnoozhunden"

(Sadly, I can't find it on the site.)
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Terrible news..

Last night when I walked Kiri she seemed fine 9about 7:30-8:00PM). When my wife got home at 10:00ish she was antsy and irritated. I took her for a quick walk and she didn't do anything. When I came back in she jumped on my wife's cot and lied down - she was extremely unresponsive. My wife took her temperature and it was over 104 (like a human with a fever of 101-102).

She decided that I need to rush Kiri to the emergency all night vet (my wife needed to stay home to take care of the puppies). I actually had to carry her out to the car (thank you adrenaline). My wife called the vet to let them know I was on my way (emergency vet is luckily only 5 minutes away). They quickly got fluids in her and some antibiotics. They were able to get her temperature down to 103.6 (still high but improving).

She was in horrible shape 0 the emergency vet said her condition was "guarded" (one step above "poor").

They had to sedate her so she would rest and heal (after I left she got antsy). I picked her up this morning and brought her to our normal vet (about 30 minutes away) where they got her in (she still had her IV in from last night) and are doing some more blood work now.

The emergency vet said that her temperature was down to about 102.4 (which is still high, but like 99-100 for us) so it's just a fever. Most of her numbers are normal or very close to normal except for her liver, which is extremely high.

Edit:

As for the puppies they are doing extremely well. We're hand feeding them and letting them go to the bathroom every few hours (including overnight). Catch (red) is going to make a good alarm dog - he's very vocal (especially when feeding) and he was the one who was meowing before (catdog).

Cadence (green) is a very large girl - we think she is going to take after he mother in many ways. She's slated to be donated to a friend of my wife's to be a service dog. I think she's going to be Catch's "twin" (much like Apollo and Athena were).

Crescent (pink) is still the runt but she's got one hell of an appetite.
                Last edited by draggar; 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

is it possible that a puppy wasnt born is now still born and she is suffering an infection from that? i know that can happen on some occasions.

Comment

Poor Kiri

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      is it possible that a puppy wasnt born is now still born and she is suffering an infection from that? i know that can happen on some occasions.
                      No, she had an x-ray on Monday to be sure.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I hope Kiri's going to be all better very quickly.
                        "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Kiri is home now. The vet discharged her around 2PM today. They think something was up with one of the placentas she ate after giving birth (yes, even I asked "even after 5 days?".

She is on some medications now, the puppies need to be on some meds, and she needs some special food, too.

She is doing a lot better than she was last night but still not 100%. She's with her puppies now, she wags her tail, walks normally etc..

Edit: We're not going to have the Kiri Kam up for a few days as she recovers.
                          Last edited by draggar; 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Poor Kiri! I'm glad she is doing better.

Comment

It's official - I'm an Excel junkie.

I made a spreadsheet earlier for us to track the puppies' weights (we haven't used it much unlike last time).

I just made a sheet to track everyone's medications, too.
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Sounds like something I would do...

Comment

Working...
                                X