Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't family be supportive (rant, long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Indigo View Post
    I second what Apollo said. No one says you have to claim all the people you're related to. I burned any bridges to my mother's side of the family and adopted people to be on that side of the family instead. If they can't love you the way you are, or at least hold their tongue when they disagree with your lifestyle, then you don't need them.

last year i finally had the courage to cut a family member out of my life after they wrote me a letter telling me what a horrible person i was .... but they still loved me

i can honestly tell you that the last year has been stress free and calm for me. i havent had to deal with any of their tantrums or any of my own (when they frustrated me).

the other person wasnt toxic and neither am i but together we were. I really miss them in my life. But until they can apoligize for what they did its not going to happen.

my advice is to only have people in your life that dont suck the energy from you, that dont make you dread seeing them and those that treat you with respect.

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post

And yea, Smiley, you're more a sibling to me than most of my siblings lately
      And remember, you will eventually have to make your way out to Salt Lake or Reno (still deciding which)
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I say Fuck the Bitch.

I'm just waiting to A) get a car from another state which may be next weekend, and B)find a place to live before cutting all ties with the cow I currently live with.

One need not suffer one's family.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

*offers hugs and chocolate*
          Sometimes your family is no one you want to be near....sometimes they're even toxic. Sometimes you miss them terribly, but you cannot leave yourself to be sucked dry by toxic people, no matter what your bloodlines say about the matter.

There's always "family by choice" though. Good people, those. (Mine is lovely, and I'm certain yours is too. )
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
          X