Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that his actions could possibly cost you your land, I don't think you're being bitchy at all.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Is it worth publishing a list of tips on how to make a camp as cushy as yours? As in you would then be able to say, "I don't have room, but here's how you can achieve similar."?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Still, it was pretty ballsy to go on and pre reg for our camp without express permission, and that is pretty much what pushed me over the edge.
        Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        just to try to force your foot in the door is beyond not cool.
        That shit is just not acceptable, and something that you just don't do.

I know that I am welcome at pretty much anything my best friend's family does. Hell, if her husband came home one day and found the two of us crashed out in their bed, he would simply say, "Hi Jester." (Any other guy would end up having his testicles wired to a car battery.) I am that much a part of their family.

And I would never, ever just presume I was part of any event. I wouldn't just show up or sign up or register without asking. I might ask, "Hey, can I come along to such and such" if they have not expressly mentioned it to me. And even though I know I would be welcome, I still ask. For two reasons. First, it is just courtesy to do so. Secondly, we are good enough friends where, if there was some reason they couldn't have me along, my best friend would tell me so. And I would accept it.

This pushy camper is just that: pushy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

You all are right, of course. And I know it. And while I do strongly advocate standing up for oneself, I still don't want to hurt the feelings of someone I am friendly with. However, I did the right thing and I know it. And I am getting over it, believe me, as I am hearing more bad experiences from other friends while they were dealing with this person.

And you are right, this could at some point endanger our camp status. Looking down the road, I can see bigger problems than entitlement looming over our heads.

I mean, I just found out last night about a non-smoking room at an event being smoked up. Come the hell on.

Our camp is cushy because our guys have worked to improve our land over the years. It is also cushy because it is a Swamp camp...for those non Pennsic people, it is sheltered from the worst of the weather and noticably cooler than the rest of the entire site due to the thick tree canopy and the water. And it is just flat out pretty. So everyone is always trying to get in down there. However, we can't just spread out, we're surrounded by creeks on three sides.

I looked back at my emails that I sent about this, and if word gets back to this person, word gets back. I was not mean, I was just frank. It probably would do this person some good to get a reality check.

Comment

Working...
          X