This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
    In every place, I've been to, to donate, in the actual donation room, there are several televisions, and a movie playing, which is a nice distraction.
    When I donated plasma, I did it to get beer money so I could go watch football, as it was a Sunday.

To the donation center's credit, they had the early football games on the tv. As a football fan, it was great. And then I got to go watch the later games (my team was playing late) and drink beer. Which, of course, is not something the advise doing. But I was in my early 20s, and I was as stupid as the whole situation sounds.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I've gone the plasma selling route during two different periods of my life, when money was extremely short. Be sure your diet is rich in leafy dark greens and/or red meat. If your iron level is too low, they will disqualify you.

It's not the most fun thing in the world, but the machines they use now are easier than they were 30 years ago. Back then, they would take the whole blood, centrifuge it in a refrigerator, and give you back the COLD red cells. The machines now will take a little, centrifuge it, give back the red cells, take a little more, centrifuge, and repeat till done. Most places, you can sell plasma twice a week, or every other day max 10 times per month. Depends on where you go.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

My hubs did the plasma thing for awhile. I tried, but because of some medication I take, they disqualified me from donating without a signed note from my doctor. And it took them a good 8 hours to tell me that, too. -_- I was NOT happy.

I also tried to work for them once. I thought it would be good sticking practice for my degree. The position they had advertised was part-time. They called me and asked if I prefered part-time or full-time. I was looking for a part-time job since I was still in school and the lady said the position was actually full-time. I turned them down. The whole place was so poorly run and inefficient to boot and most of the staff was super lazy. The day I went, they ran out of needles and instead of going on with interviews and physicals so we could all be ready to go when more needles arrived, they just sat around. I decided I didn't want to work there.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
        X