Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not about walking fast, it's about walking with less pain.

Unfortunately, for folks like you and me, it's about quality of life more than functionality.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Plaid. I hope you can get something soon. I also agree with Seshat about your cane.
      "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I has a cane. I use it. Just not very good at it yet. Even though it hurts, I still walk faster without it then with it.
        I don't know if you've ever seen CSI, but I prefer the crutch-type thing Doc Robbins uses to a regular cane. It provides better support, and on really bad days, I use two.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          I don't know if you've ever seen CSI, but I prefer the crutch-type thing Doc Robbins uses to a regular cane. It provides better support, and on really bad days, I use two.
          Something like those? I agree, they are much better.

Comment

I'm just getting sick of this. My only options

Deal with pain til I'm 50 and hope they do a hip replacement then

Hope to find a doctor that will do a hip fusion because appretnenly few doctors do it now because of how great hip replacements are.

Chop my leg off.

Pretty much it. Doctors don't recommend the third option. I fucking hate this. I really think it's just a bunch of bullshit. I cannot handle dealing with this until I'm 50, and I know that sooner or later, doctors won't even give me painkillers and I'll be stuck with asprin that don't work.

Tell me again WHY and WHAT I have so much to look forward to in this peice of shit life?
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Ow.

But is the doctor actually getting stuff done instead of dicking around with his thumb up his butt?

From what I remember form your previous thread you were given a certain amount of time to get it taken care of before having to come back to work right?

Comment

Here's what my father in law said, sadly he doesn't know any out there.

Unfortunately the Pacific coast is like a different country, we do not know anybody to recommend in that area.Moreover, age has nothing to do if the patient (for any reason) needs a new hip. Your online buddy should contact his regional Medical Society for a referral and get a second opinion about what is the best treatment for his condition.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

And this is already his 3rd opinion.

Plaidy needs an advocate. Someone with a bit of oomph to kick the doctors in the nuts and let them know he is not taking NO anymore.

Plaidy, did you ask the doc if the "you're too young" reason is anything related to "I'll sue your ass off" ? I know you want a new hip, and you need one. What if you signed a disclaimer saying "I know this hip is new, and has a warranty of 15 to 20 years. If it breaks in 22 years I will not sue you" or soemthing to that degree?

Sweety, I wish you luck. Bring up the point of you're chronically using painkillers, and if you continue THAT, you run the risk of organ damage....and that's another issue that's a PITA to fix.

Cutenoob
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I will send positive thoughts your way. Hopefully you can find a doctor that will help you.
                    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

my father had a knee replacement when he was 40 something.
                      His doctors knew he needed one when he was 23.
                      They would rather he live with in pain, with swelling needing needles occasionally stock in there to relieve fluid, and major bone damage not only to his knee but hip and spine do to the fact if you cant walk well you screw everything up the higher you go and other things until a doctor and an insurance guy did the math and realized.... with out the surgery he was seeing the doctor every other month in the hospital one or twice a year and cost millions of dollars of medical and personal cost where the surgery meant 1/6th the amount the doctors visits, less cost and a 300%increase of quality of life.

So after about 20 years he got ONE knee replaced (he needed both) but was told the other cant happen until he is 50 something.

I would talk to your insurance and tlak to many doctors and point out that if you dont get the surgery you will basically have to apply for disablity because you can not stand left carry or walk long periods of time with out a hip replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X