Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't Al Stewart singing "Real and Unreal" was it.

He sounds somewhat Alan Parsons Project like. He's best known for The Year Of The Cat.

I doubt it's Tony Hadley and my partner and I know just about everyhjng he's ever done and we're stumped!
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Power ballad is a good description. I can't remember it well enough to tell you whether it was more guitar or synth. Nope, not Al Stewart either.

Comment

I can't find anything! I love a good mystery, and I know a lot about music, but I'm totally lost on this one!
        Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Reopening at request of OP.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

The only thing off the top of my head is by faith no more, a real thing (I think)
            Although if that's not it and nobody gets it I do know who to ask, and I will be seeing him next weekend!
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I found it.

Heard it playing on the radio, memorized and later googled some of the other lyrics in the song.

The chorus was not "unreal" - it was "ah, Leah".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5Arbm47IQ

You know, I've been looking for this song for close to thirty years? I first remember hearing it at summer camp.

Comment

It was a huge hit, and it was Donnie Iris's only hit. Still hear it from time to time, because people love that song. And rightfully so, I think.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread five years ago. I am pretty sure that I would have suggested Ah, Leah. Granted, I saw the answer first, then saw the question. Take it for what it is worth.

Quoth Jester View Post
                  It was a huge hit, and it was Donnie Iris's only hit.
                  That depends. Define "hit". Love is Like a Rock and My Girl both made Billboard's Top 40. My Girl actually peaked higher that Ah, Leah, making his biggest hit. However, I don't recall ever hearing My Girl get any air play. Never understood Billboard.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

And apparently he's *still* at it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PppKyCGixQo

Comment

How about "Love is Like A Rock"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Z7PWl7RaI
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                        How about "Love is Like A Rock"?
                        I disagree with the premise.

Comment

Working...
                        X