Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell happened to the freakin' Weather Channel!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    And the last "tropical storm" was a freakin' joke. Everyone going nuts, warnings, this that and the other, my apartment complex putting out written warnings to get stuff off your balcony because of the high winds....and the day of the "storm" there was no wind (not even the typical Key West wind) and almost no rain at all. Freakin. Joke.
    Yeah, until landfall they were saying Bonnie was going to make landfall in the upper Keys, maybe as far down as the 7 mile bridge.

I saw the radar images (thanks to the Weather Underground's Wundermaps) and noticed that her center was about 50-75 miles north of where they claimed. of course, they were saying that right up until her landfall, at Cutler Bay (about 45 miles to the north of Key Largo).

But - she wasn't much for us. At least we got to have a drill for operations etc.. with her. Low risk but a perfect opportunity to drill the emergency response teams. By 11am it was over (we had a couple of rain squalls, that's it, the now depression that moved over us the past few days gave us more rain and wind!).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I already said I was sorry about wishing for more storms this summer after being left high and dry (well it rained on weekends and got really cold last summer) last summer. Now we're getting floods and have had tons of bad storms.

I don't think I can be any more sorry.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Same thing that happened to MTV, the former Music Television.

Its actually more like the TV Guide channel.

Years ago it was completely about the service.

Then they started to branch out and would take away part of the screen for special events.

Then they screen was permanently half listings and half tv shows.

Now its completely useless. You get three channels at a time at best all so you can watch old tv movies or reruns of Punked. Its a joke.

Comment

And they had the audacity to move TV guide channel to channels you have to pay extra for. Freaking lord, honestly?

Now I never know what's on unless I go online and look.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X