This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Mama is home!

she was released, but is supposed to go to a followup doctor later. The echocardiogram looked good this morning, apparently.

she's not allowed to drive, or work or lift anything for a day or two, though. Only blip is her blood pressure. She got woken up late last night because it dropped to 85/50-something. Now it's up to 96/65-ish.

She's got all her test results and she's reading them to me. I have no idea what they mean.

I'm glad she's home, but still wanna know what's wrong and how to fix it. She's sore, but home, at least.

Oh, and apparently our dog is unhappy because he keeps trying to put his head in her lap and that's not a good thing to do right now. Poor Mama.

Comment

Glad shes home and ok!

Please make sure she keeps up all follow up appointments, her BP does worry me. She may be dehydrated though, its HAWT out. Make sure shes drinking lots and taking all her meds.

Comment

It is hot out, especially back in El Paso, where Mama is. Plus, a lot of the tests she had done, she said she couldn't eat before, and after she just didn't feel like it. So I'm guessing she is dehydrated, at the very least. Stepdad is there to nag her, at least. If only it were that simple, we'd all be really happy. Mama said she'd try to sign on tonight, to say thank you to everyone for the well wishes, but she was really tired sounding when I talked to her, so she may not make it on until tomorrow.

As for me, Lupo needs sleep. Lots. Gonna try and get some. G'nite!!

Comment

It's good to hear that your mom is home, and here's hoping to a speedy recovery.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Yay! Mama Lupo - time for you to take your own meds - Let Stepdad Lupo take care of you. Put your feet up, rest your heart, and drink lots and lots of water.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Me to my husband: "Do I HAVE to go to the doctor?"

Him: "No. But if you don't go, you won't get any better and you'll continue not being able to do anything."

Lupo-Mum: listen to my husband. You're sick. Your doctors think so, and Amina thinks so after just hearing Lupo's explanation of the symptoms and tests.

It sounds like you have a kind of 'sick' that doctors can either fix, or mostly fix. Be grateful for that! And let them do it.

Then LISTEN to the rehabilitation doctors and the occupational therapists and the physiotherapists. Do what they advise. In my experience, it makes a HUGE difference overall. Not immediately, but after a couple of months.

And no, I'm not saying blindly follow their advice as if they're gods. It's fine to say 'actually, that hurts my back' or 'this doesn't seem to be helping me - is it supposed to be showing signs of helping yet?' My physiotherapist varied my exercises after hearing about my mother's knees, and then putting his hand on my knee and feeling the joint while I bent and straightened it. And with the variant exercises, my knees have been healthier than they've ever been!

So the medical team does need your input.

But you (or your insurance company) are paying for the advice and skills of experts in their field. Use that knowledge.

If you don't, you're never going to be able to do more than you could just before your husband took you into the hospital.

If you do, you will probably be more like your old, healthier self. Or maybe a new self, needing to do things in different ways from how you used to, but still able to DO them. (Which is how I am - I can't do things the old way, but I can DO things!)
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Slight update.

Mama Lupo had to go back to the hospital today. She was bleeding from the area where they inserted the catheter, then it started swelling pretty badly. So stepdad took her back. turns out she has a blood clot in the insertion area, (which is already in uncomfy bits) and is causing lots of pain. She was treated for a few hours in the actual hospital, then sent home. This time, the doctor treating her prescribed some pain meds, so she got sent home with morphine in her system and a small supply of percocet.

She's following all doctor's orders, though, and is mildly grumbly because the percocet is giving her an upset stomach, but it is helping with the pain.

also, she wants me to relay that she is being a good Mama Lupo and following all doctor's orders, and she scheduled her followup appointments while she was in the hospital today. She's going in again on September 8th, which was the earliest they could fit her in, so yay.

Mama wants me to relay her heartfelt thanks for all of the love and support. She's been trying to log on herself, but is having issues regarding her password. She keeps trying to reset it, but everytime she puts in the new one it tells her it's the wrong one again, so she's stopped trying for now, and I'm acting as messenger.

Oh, and a special thank you to Amina, she says, for being willing to talk to me and explain things so I don't freak out (I wasn't freaking out, Mama, I was legitimately concerned!) and for explaining things a bit clearer than the staff in the hospital. She understood the generalities, but the details you provided cleared a lot of things up.

So, thanks from Mama Lupo, and thanks from me! It feels great to know I always have a community to turn to full of such a diverse population, I'm almost always guaranteed to find someone who can help with whatever issues life is throwing at me.

Hugs to all.

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Hugs to you both. I understand the hospital is nerve-wracking, especially when you have your heart involved AND THEN complications arise. It sucks. Im reallllly happy I could help.

I wish her a speedy and pain free (hopefully) recovery!

Follow doc's orders and keep your appts, MamaLupo!

Comment

*sends hugs and cookies to all* An unlimited supply.
                      (and doggy cookies for the dog, who is probably worried too.)

Get well soon MamaLupo.
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You're welcome, Lupo and MamaLupo.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                        X