This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Foreign Foods/Sweets?

I'm bored out of my skull, sucking on my yummy candies, and just wanted to know what you guys like that's out of your (local) world! Out of State, Country, Continent, and Universe, what're your favorite stuffs?

Mine, is currently Simpkins Travel Sweets. I found them in the Imported isle of Ross, and love them! Great flavor, texture, and the coffee ones I use to bribe my MIL with. They also have a totally rockin' Tropical mix that I need to buy more of. My other love affair is Nutella and Kinder Eggs.
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Tim-Tams rule!
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

One word: Pocky

Yeah I have to hide it from myself or I will just eat the whole package. And most if not all the flavors are good.

Reminds me that I need to go to Cost Plus World Market (evil store) to get Pocky for PAX Prime this weekend
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
        One word: Pocky

Yeah I have to hide it from myself or I will just eat the whole package. And most if not all the flavors are good.

Reminds me that I need to go to Cost Plus World Market (evil store) to get Pocky for PAX Prime this weekend
        Green tea flavor is awesome. And a lot of people I know won't steal it because they think it tastes like hay. Supposedly.

And I've seen the Tim-Tams around in my store, but we haven't picked it up because FIL dislikes trans fats, and they supposedly have them. They sound good though.

Comment

I always use OXO beef stock cubes (UK brand) whenever I have to cook some gravy or for that matter any dishes that require beef stock. Unfortunately, there's only one special shop in my town that carries it.

I think I made a cashier quite disturbed once I was visiting the UK and bought about a year's supply of OXO cubes and Carr's Water Biscuits.... (they cost 50p a box in the UK, approx. three times the price when imported).
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Tim-Tams rule!
            Have you tried the "double coat" ones? = Heaven

A few years back I spent some time in Seoul for work and got hooked on these little biscuits that are like sesame covered wafers with marshmallow inside. no idea what they are called, but YYYUUUUUMMMM!!!!!!! I used to buy them by the bagfull
            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

rice snack crackers with seaweed, Ramune soda, honey loquat candy, crumpets, and lychee soda.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Someone already mentioned pocky, so I'll mention daifuku. They're sort of like mochi. Basically they're a dumpling made of rice flour, stuffed with some kind of sweet filling and dusted with powdered sugar. My husband got some at A-Kon this summer that had a marshmallow and orange flavored filling, and that's what got me hooked. I loved them. Then again, I think the more traditional filling is red azuki bean paste, which I had at another anime convention a month later, and didn't care for it very much.

Comment

I spy a lot of Japanese foods here. It is Con season, after all! Daifuku sounds good. Ramune soda's alright, but the bottle is the real novelty. What I hope to say that I have tried next: sushi. Never had it before. Ever. Kill me all you want.

Comment

Okay, I'm fully expecting everyone to think I'm nuts.

Kinder Eggs

Yes, I know it's for kids. Yes, I know it may just be nostalgia talking. Yes, Im QUITE aware there is far better chocolate out there (especially in Germany where I first had them).

I still miss them. I remember how they taste and how happy when my dad came back with one for my brother and me.
                    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                      Okay, I'm fully expecting everyone to think I'm nuts.

Kinder Eggs

Yes, I know it's for kids. Yes, I know it may just be nostalgia talking. Yes, Im QUITE aware there is far better chocolate out there (especially in Germany where I first had them).

I still miss them. I remember how they taste and how happy when my dad came back with one for my brother and me.
                      Dude! I love those things. It's even in my first post. My dad got them for us a lot too when he went to Canada and Germany. But you can't get them in the states anymore, not even the ripoffs. So I'm hoping that I can order some online sometime.

Comment

Big hell yeah to pocky shrimp chips and these weird mini jello cup thingies with a little piece of whatever fruit the jello is made of. the taro one is the best. my sis said it tastes like dirt though.
                        A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                        Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

let the list begin. And this is from years of seeing that one item in the store section where said store was getting rid of stock OR i have no idea the next time I'm going to be anywhere near said store that has these
                          POCKY! many flavors and varieties
                          Turkish Delight, the candy bar and ACTUAL candies
                          Ramune
                          Mint Aero
                          rice candy

Foreign food
                          Tandori chicken
                          Unagi sushi (or the freshwater version which is uncooked. Eel for those unknowning)
                          want to go to the Lebanese restaurant sooo badly that just opened up here

Comment

I used to be able to find Japanese rice-paper candy. You didn't unwrap the candy before popping it into your mouth; the wrapper was edible rice paper. Perhaps I need to look harder for it.

Jammin' Dodgers--these British sandwich cookies with jelly in them that my sister brings back when she goes to England.

Spotted Dick (despite the name it's very good.)

Tiramisu. I have to stop now before I start touching myself.
                            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-30-2010, 10:50 PM.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              I used to be able to find Japanese rice-paper candy. You didn't unwrap the candy before popping it into your mouth; the wrapper was edible rice paper. Perhaps I need to look harder for it.

Jammin' Dodgers--these British sandwich cookies with jelly in them that my sister brings back when she goes to England.

Spotted Dick (despite the name it's very good.)

Tiramisu. I have to stop now before I start touching myself.
                              I've heard my FIL makes an awesome Tiramisu. And the rice paper candy, I've seen it sometimes. They like throwing it randomly near the 'oriental' and 'mexican' food areas if that helps any.

Comment

Working...
                              X