Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Christmas Card Exchange-Tally up!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarlon View Post

Lets see if I get a card that tops last year.....
    Dont know if thats possible! It was a good one.

Comment

This'll be my first year.

I did make a promise at the start of the year that I'd include photos of my hometown with the cards. That idea went down the toilet, so now I'm including postcards of my hometown.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm in!!! This is one of my favorite things to do...Can't wait to start sending all the cards out and checking my mail box!!!
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Signed up for my 1st year. Also wished I had seeing people get their cards. A little nervous that I am getting in over my head.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I signed up too!

People may or may not be getting art done by Child Rum. Depends if she's still feeling "artsy" around the Christmas season.

Comment

Just signed up!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think i just signed up - hope i did it right... we'll see. *crosses fingers*
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I'm debating...I want to make sure I can accomodate 20 to 60 people lol. Does anyone have an idea of what the total postage would be? Are we talking like 50 bucks or more? Also what is a good timeline, especially with international considerations...is a good time to mail them around Thanksgiving? or more like beginning of December? I haven't sent out a bulk mailing of xmas cards for a really long time so I'm not sure....
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I would love to join in, but I think doing it across the pond will be expensive.

Is there any chance, since several of us have said the same thing, of a seperate sign up just for e-cards?
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                      I would love to join in, but I think doing it across the pond will be expensive.

Is there any chance, since several of us have said the same thing, of a seperate sign up just for e-cards?
                      And if that flies what's your favorite e card site
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        And if that flies what's your favorite e card site
                        I dunno, never done it before but had some sent to me.
                        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I'm excited! I loved getting everyone's cards last year and will definitely be participating again this year. I have a whole grab-bag of random holiday cards now to choose from, too.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                          I'm debating...I want to make sure I can accomodate 20 to 60 people lol. Does anyone have an idea of what the total postage would be?
                          If you have financial restrictions but still want to participate, I suggest mailing post cards instead of cards. I did a mix of both last year. I know that there was a postage calculator link posted, but here's just a general break down for those in the U.S.

20 post cards = $5.60 ($0.28 each)
                          20 cards = $8.80 ($0.44 each)

60 post cards = $16.80
                          60 cards = $26.40

That's assuming everyone is in the U.S. If you're mailing to other countries or are outside of the U.S, expect to pay more for those cards.

$0.98 to mail a letter or post card to England.
                          $0.75 to mail a letter or post card to Canada.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Me has signed up.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                              I believe that has already been answered.

Quoth Juniormintz
                              Are E-Cards allowed?

No. Once the final list goes out, this becomes a snail mail event.
                              There are no plans to start an e-card signup.

If you want to exchange e-cards with CS friends, then feel free to do so on your own, but we won't be formally organizing anything.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                                I am a Christmas Card Exchange virgin.

I just signed up and am ridiculously excited.
                                You'll love it . . . it's so much fun.

And I just signed up with no trouble at all.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X